cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgrade path for 7961 phone

jsorrell479
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgrade from CCM 4.2.3(sr4b) to CUCM 7.1.5. I have a model 7961 phone that would not take the firmware upgrade. I had to set the phone back to the default factory settings to get the phone to load up to a normal state at all. Right now the phone is on the network but not working. What follows is the firmware info from a working 7961 and the problem phone:

Working 7961

App Load ID    jar41sccp.9-0-2ES2.sbn

Boot Load ID  7961G_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin

Version           SCCP41.9-0-2SR1S

Non-working 7961

App Load ID   jar41sccp.9-0-2ES2.sbn

Boot Load ID 7941G_02070629Amd32megREL.bin

Version          SCCP41.9-0-2SR1S

I think I need to get the problem phone on the same firmware. The problem is I need to direct it to the firmware versions inbetween the two and step it up to the correct version. Does anyone know a firmware upgrade path that will get me close enough for the phone to take the version the other phones are running on my system?

Thanks

jon

4 Replies 4

jsorrell479
Level 1
Level 1

What I mean when I said that the phone was on the network but not working is that the phone loads, gets an IP

but does not register with my call manager.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jonathan,

You most likely need 8.5(2) as the interim/Mid-point firmware

Cheers!

Rob

Rob is correct, unless you want to load the unsigned 9-0-2 firmware on your call managers instead so you can upgrade directly to 9-0-2.

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, is there any documents that describes the upgrade path for ip phones..??

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: