cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First button stuck on red 7965G

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why the first line button would suddenly be stuck on red on a 7965G phone?  When a call comes in it blinks amber, but alternated with red.  It will go off obviously when unplugged, but shortly after the boot cycle starts it comes on and stays on.  Issue persists through a factory reset.  I'm kind of stumped, there haven't been any storms or lightning, I can't imagine why the LED would come on and always be on.  Any ideas before I go through the replacement process?  Thanks in advance.

Bill

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Can you please let us know what you are using for Call Control, CUCM

CME, uc500 ....?

It almost sounds to me like some sort of a config error/anomaly. Is there any

shared line appearance with this DN? Any monitor or BLF? It's got to be

something in the set up that is causing this

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, sorry about that, keep forgetting this isn't a product specific community, we're using UCMBE 5000 8.6.  Phone is a 7965G using SCCP 8-4-3S. 

I really don't know how to explain it, I also thought the same as you, but inside the UCM Administration the line appearance looks normal and fine.  I'm almost thinking about just deleting the line and starting over from scratch. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Bill,

That sounds like a great idea Make sure to delete it from the Route Plan/Unassigned

DN page as well, then start over fresh.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: