Views
Helpful
Replies

FL-CME-SRST-XX license

sofiane__
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I intend to order C2901-CME-SRST / K9 with FL-CME-SRST-25 included, and 8 CP 7841 and 1 CP 7861.
Following the recommendations of the ordering guide and referring to the answer to the following FAQ question:

Question: My customer purchased an ISR G2 bundle with 25 CME seats included. Does the customer need to purchase phone licenses too?

Answer: Yes, phone licenses need to be separately purchased. CME ISR bundles and must be purchased separately. You can find the appropriate Product IDs in the CME Ordering Guide, table 9.

I have to buy 9 SW-CCME-UL-ENH licenses.

My first question is what is the utility of FL-CME-SRST-25? And if I deploy a total of 30 ip phone for example, should I add FL-CME-SRST-5 to reach 30 seats?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sofiane,

Firstly,The information provided in the sec 3.3 of the ordering guide is correct. The ordering process has changed when you order Feature license for CME or SRST.

So , if you order Feature License as CME then you don't need to order the part no#FL-CME-SRST-XX  as the CME uses CUCME Phone License ONLY.This was not the case earlier.

However, if you select the Feature License as SRST , then you will the the option to order FL-CME-SRST-XX in the CCW tool.

I have verified this in the CCW tool.

Hope , it answers you query. Please see the screenshot attached for your reference.

Regards

Inderpsi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, you should order FL-CME-SRST to get to 30 seats, you can check the following post for similar discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12434171/fl-srst-spare-license

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Inderpal Oberoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

CME and SRST voice bundles have been combined into one SKU and hence the SKU # C2901-CME-SRST / K9 .

It depends whether you want to use ISR G2 router in CME or SRST mode. For eg , going by your case of CME deployment, you need to order a 0 $ SKU # FL-CME for IOS feature license under the top level SKU#C2901-CME-SRST / K9 . You may also choose FL-SRST ,if you need to run in SRST mode. Please see screenshot attached.

By default , you get  a 25 seat license with the above bundle (FL-CME-SRST-25). So , its your choice to run either in CME or SRST mode.

Yes , you need to order a spare license  FL-CME-SRST-5= to reach a count of 30.

You also need to order additional phone licenses with it depending upon the phone model you choose to deploy.

Note: This router model is approaching EOS and will no longer will available as of 9 Dec 2017, and this model will replaced with ISR 4321 -V/K9

Regards

Inderpsi

Hi Inderpal Oberoi, Manish Gogna

Precisely I am asking this question because I noticed a difference between the answers on this forum and the recommendations in the document ordering guide .. you seem to agree here on buying licenses FL-CME-SRST-XX to the number of deployed IP Phones, but in the two examples in section 3.3  of ordering guide document there is no question about this, just the SW-CCME-UL-XXX licenses are sufficient.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/guide-c07-737621.html?cachemode=refresh#_Toc461759843
I am confused .. is there an explanation ?

Hi Sofiane,

Firstly,The information provided in the sec 3.3 of the ordering guide is correct. The ordering process has changed when you order Feature license for CME or SRST.

So , if you order Feature License as CME then you don't need to order the part no#FL-CME-SRST-XX  as the CME uses CUCME Phone License ONLY.This was not the case earlier.

However, if you select the Feature License as SRST , then you will the the option to order FL-CME-SRST-XX in the CCW tool.

I have verified this in the CCW tool.

Hope , it answers you query. Please see the screenshot attached for your reference.

Regards

Inderpsi

In addition to the above,If you have the older version of Call Manager Express (below 9.X), you will need the Call Manager Express Seat licenses as well as phone licenses.

If you have a newer version of Call Manager Express you do not need the licenses below. They will only be needed for SRST.

FL-CME-SRST-5=
SRST-5 Seat License (CME uses CUCME Phone License ONLY)
USD 170.00

FL-CME-SRST-25=
SRST-25 Seat License (CME uses CUCME Phone License ONLY)
USD 650.00

FL-CME-SRST-100=
SRST-100 Seat License (CME uses CUCME Phone License ONLY)
USD 2,300.00

Regards

Inderpsi

Hi Inderpal Oberoi,

I just checked on the CCW, this is more clear now. Thank you for helping me.

Best Regards,

Sofiane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: