Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force an outbound call out a specific dial-peer

Good Afternoon,

I hope I can get some help in the right direction for this.

I have a voice gateway that has 2 dial-peer. 

I wanted to know if there is such a way to set up the voice gateway so that it knows that if anyone made an outbound call to a specific number 515-XX-XXXX it uses a specific dial peer else for other calls use regular dial-peer. 

Else 

Is there a way to achieve this?

I wanted all the outbound calls made from DN:1234 goes through a specific dial peer??

Thank you in advance for any help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

For first scenario:

Set your destination pattern of outbound dial peer as (dial prefix+515.......  i.e., 91515.......).  You can use your regular dial prefix that you have in your system.  And then have another outbound dial peer with regular common destination pattern, i.e., 91..........

This way, all the calls made to 515xxxxxxx will go from first dial peer and other calls will go from common dial peer.

For second scenario:

Create a different dial pattern, i.e., 81..........

Inform user using DN: 1234 to use that dial pattern

Add outbound dial peer with new dial pattern

Now all the outbound calls made from 1234 will go from above dial peer.  However this is correct for other DNs also who can use the same dial pattern.

View solution in original post

Ok.. so are you stating that the calls to 515 are going thru dial peer 1 ?  I dont see 515 added as destination pattern in this dial peer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

For first scenario:

Set your destination pattern of outbound dial peer as (dial prefix+515.......  i.e., 91515.......).  You can use your regular dial prefix that you have in your system.  And then have another outbound dial peer with regular common destination pattern, i.e., 91..........

This way, all the calls made to 515xxxxxxx will go from first dial peer and other calls will go from common dial peer.

For second scenario:

Create a different dial pattern, i.e., 81..........

Inform user using DN: 1234 to use that dial pattern

Add outbound dial peer with new dial pattern

Now all the outbound calls made from 1234 will go from above dial peer.  However this is correct for other DNs also who can use the same dial pattern.

I tried the first solution earlier. Unfortunately all the calls to 515 number are still routing to old dial peer even though the destination in new dial peer is set to 515.

Can you please share your dial peer and route pattern configuration for outbound calls ?

Piyush

Here are my dial peer config

voice class sip-profiles 1
request INVITE sip-header Min-SE modify "1800" "2400"
!
!
voice class e164-pattern-map 1
e164 1352.......
e164 1504.......
e164 1614.......
e164 1704.......
e164 1713.......
e164 1717.......
e164 1919.......
!

!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
description Outbound DialPeer for specific area codes
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:1.1.2.1
destination e164-pattern-map 1
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

Ok.. so are you stating that the calls to 515 are going thru dial peer 1 ?  I dont see 515 added as destination pattern in this dial peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: