Views
Helpful
Replies

force Authorization Code

AOMD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I would like to know if is possible to restrict using FAC for a specific Cisco IP Phone. For example, there are two IP Phones A and B and there are two FACs ( 1111 and 2222). I want to make IP Phone A just accepts this  FAC (1111) and IP Phone B just accepts this FAC code (2222).

If someone wants to make a call from A using this FAC 2222, the call will fail..

Is this idea can be implemented in CUCM?

Regards

Ahmed

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The short answer is no, you can't have a per-phone authorization codes in CUCM. (At least, not without creating a duplicate dial plan and CSS for each phone which you don't want to do.) This feature is supported in some 3rd-party systems, but not in CUCM.

View solution in original post

It occurs to me, though, that you could issue everyone their own Client Matter Code and have that required for certain route patterns. That would be per-person and not per-phone, but might work for you depending on your needs.

Or, you could issue CMCs for each phone and put something like a sticker on the phone saying that you need to use this code for this phone.

What is the underlying requirement? Do you want to be able to run reports on which phone placed what calls? Or is this for actual dial-restriction?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The short answer is no, you can't have a per-phone authorization codes in CUCM. (At least, not without creating a duplicate dial plan and CSS for each phone which you don't want to do.) This feature is supported in some 3rd-party systems, but not in CUCM.

thank you very much for your response

It occurs to me, though, that you could issue everyone their own Client Matter Code and have that required for certain route patterns. That would be per-person and not per-phone, but might work for you depending on your needs.

Or, you could issue CMCs for each phone and put something like a sticker on the phone saying that you need to use this code for this phone.

What is the underlying requirement? Do you want to be able to run reports on which phone placed what calls? Or is this for actual dial-restriction?

thank you for your suggestion

It is actually for dial restriction..

I think creating a separate pattern for each department or group of people would be the best solution.