cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force end call on shared line

scctech
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unique situation and I need a unique solution.

We have a phone (Model 8841) set up to barge into another phone (Model 7841) so calls can be monitored. These calls are sensitive in nature and now the people monitoring the phone (using the 8841) want the ability to end the calls to the 7841. 

From my end, I could do this either through Variphy to remote control the 7841 or kill the call at the switch but those are not options for the people monitoring the calls. Is there another way this can be accomplished that I'm missing?

We have CUCM 12.5 if that helps any. 

3 Replies 3

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your above requirement can be solved by using the 3rd party application "MARS Silent Monitoring" for Cisco CUCM.

For more details on the solution please write to info@parsec-tech.com

While that does look like a good solution, I don't think a 3rd party app would be good in my situation. Because of networking limitations (a long complicated story that I can't get into), the solution would work best if the call can be forced closed from the physical phones.

It is possible via a 3rd part solution to end/disconnect calls using a Cisco IP Phone based application using a Cisco IP Phone

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: