cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authorization Codes and Annunciator?

travlmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.  This is my first community question so hopefully it is not redundant,  I have searched high and low for an answer to this but was unable to find anything definitive.

We are currently in the process of implementing FAC codes to account for long distance charges in some of our departments.  If possible, my boss would like the there to be a spoken announcement that directs the caller to input their authorization code instead of the 3 beeps that you usually hear.  

Is it possible to do this with CUCM?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that is not possible.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Correct, we only have FAC and CMC as out of the box methods to tie calls with a certain privilege and to a user or group.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that is not possible.

HTH

java

Thank You.  My assumption is that FAC codes are the only built-in way to authenticate and account for users placing LD and INTL calls within CUCM without relying on 3rd party software?

We previously had the accounting taken care of for us by our SP (at&t) but once we move our outbound calls to their SIP trunk (IPFlex) they will not provide this for us any longer and will only account for INTL of off-net calls.

Correct, we only have FAC and CMC as out of the box methods to tie calls with a certain privilege and to a user or group.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: