cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fork call audio to Redundant SIP Trunks for recording

Tori_Ok.
Level 1
Level 1

I need to send fork call audio to multiple destinations simultaneously. I have two recording servers and need to record same call to both. Right now I have configured them as SIP trunks and put them in a route group - route list construct. However, this only allows me to record to the highest priority server.

Is there a service parameter or feature that I can use to modify this behavior? In other words, even though the first trunk responds successfully, CUCM should still forward the call to the next.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, currently that is not possible.

If you're with a partner, you might want to review this session:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-documents/collaboration-voe-july-26-2018/ta-p/3706394

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

if the servers are connected to the same switch or otherwise geographically not to far away

you can create a network monitor (SPAN) port on the switch for rtp traffic, or use a hardware device ( data - TAP),

to duplicate the data from one network connection to the other.

Use this link for rtp traffic only, use another network connection for management of the recorder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, currently that is not possible.

If you're with a partner, you might want to review this session:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-documents/collaboration-voe-july-26-2018/ta-p/3706394

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for responding. I'm not with a partner and was unable to access the link you sent.

OK, then reach out to your SE and discuss this with him, he'll have access to the link and can provide you with the answer.

HTH

java

if the servers are connected to the same switch or otherwise geographically not to far away

you can create a network monitor (SPAN) port on the switch for rtp traffic, or use a hardware device ( data - TAP),

to duplicate the data from one network connection to the other.

Use this link for rtp traffic only, use another network connection for management of the recorder.

Thanks for the suggestion. The servers are at different locations about 5-6km apart. SPAN/RSPAN certainly seems like the only option at this point. I'm going to explore this further.