Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward All - Problems

All,

I set up softkey to the "Forward All" Feature on the phones associated with a Communications Manager, however, by clicking on it I get the message "Can not complete the call" (Not between extensions, or any type of call.). If I set up directly in the line (Communications Manager) "Forward All" Feature works.

Does anyone have any tips that can help me?

Thanks,
Luciane de Medeiros

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Luciane take a look?

If you configure the Calling Search Space  Activation Policy to Use System Default, then the CFA CSS Activation  Policy cluster-wide service parameter determines which Forward All  Calling Search space will be used. If the CFA CSS Activation Policy  service parameter gets set to With Configured CSS, then Forward All  Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All  will be used for Call Forwarding.

The CFA CSS Activation Policy Service Parameter have to options:

With Configured CSS (default) - When the Calling Search Space Activation Policy is set to Use System   Default, the value of the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter   gets used to determine the Call Forward All CSS. When the option With Configured CSS is selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get used.

With Activating Device/Line CSS - When the option With Activating Device/Line CSS is  selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get  updated with primary line Calling Search Space and activating Device  Calling Search Space

Take a look how your parameter is configured!

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This seems like a calling search space issue, do you have CSS applied to the call forward all destination?

Chris

Hi, Cris.

I will check!

Thanks,

Lu

Hi, Cris.

I have setup CSS only in the line.

For the phone there is no CSS applied. For the Call Forward all the setting is "Use system default" in Calling Search Space Activation Policy and "" in Forward All.

Thanks,

Lu

This CSS have rights do call internal and external numbers?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi, Leonardo.

Yes, the CCS setup in the line have rights do call internal and external numbers.

Lu

You set the Call Forward All CSS? Because you need this CSS to accomplish call forwards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi, Leonardo.

Is it not sufficient to use "Use system default" in Calling Search Space Activation Policy and use the softkey of the phone to use Forward All?

Lu

Luciane take a look?

If you configure the Calling Search Space  Activation Policy to Use System Default, then the CFA CSS Activation  Policy cluster-wide service parameter determines which Forward All  Calling Search space will be used. If the CFA CSS Activation Policy  service parameter gets set to With Configured CSS, then Forward All  Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All  will be used for Call Forwarding.

The CFA CSS Activation Policy Service Parameter have to options:

With Configured CSS (default) - When the Calling Search Space Activation Policy is set to Use System   Default, the value of the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter   gets used to determine the Call Forward All CSS. When the option With Configured CSS is selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get used.

With Activating Device/Line CSS - When the option With Activating Device/Line CSS is  selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get  updated with primary line Calling Search Space and activating Device  Calling Search Space

Take a look how your parameter is configured!

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Just to add something that I saw on an 8.5(1) cluster last week.

I configured a DN with "use Activating / Line CSS" for call forward all. I then configured the forward all destination as a number that could be called by the DN.

Attempts to then call the DN resulted in "your call can not be completed as dialled".

Workaround was the manually set the CSS for call forward all to the same CSS as was configured on the line.

Definitely a bug, but not one I can afford upgrading a 4 node cluster to get fixed.

HTH. Barry

All,

All information was very important. I managed to solve the problems with the information from Leonardo.

I configured the CFA CSS Activation Policy service cluster-wide parameter to With Activating Device / Line CSS. It's working!

Thank you for all!

Luciane

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luciane,

I just wanted to add a reference to the great tips from Chris, Leonardo & Barry (+5 each!)

Have a read of the excellent blog from Hailey @ Chesapeake Netcraftsmen. It's a

superb explanation of how this works in CUCM and is one of many great blogs

from Hailey, Bill and the other awesome peeps at CNC

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/844-cfa-css-activation-policy-what-it-is-how-it-works-and-why-you-need-to-know.html?q=call+forward

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: