Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward Incoming Calls to DNs on same phone

Farhan Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My client wants to implement the following scenario.

They have a helpdesk with 8 agents and each agent has 3 helpdesk lines (24 line altogether). When a call comes in they want all the lines to ring at the sametime. I created 24 DNs (3 per phone)  and assigned them to Line Group (Broadcast) --> Hunt List --> Hunt Group. The problem is that when a call comes in it is only ringing on the first line listed in the Line Group for each phone and not all the lines at the sametime and then goes to voicemail.

My understanding is that Broadcast should ring on all the extension assigned to the line group as long as they are not shared line. Is this correct?  Is ther a better way to do this type of routing?

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've never seen such an scenario, not sure if that might be the designed behavior.

Why don't you create 3 line groups containing each 1 of the DNs from each phone and then just configure them in the hunt list?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dbreijman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Farhan,

You can create overlaid-dn for the agents on second button of their IP phones:

ephone-dn 1 (dual/octo-line)

number 100

name xxxxxxx

ephone-dn 2 ......

number 1000

name xxxxxxx

ephone-dn 3 .....

number 1000

name xxxxxxx

ephone x

mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

type xxxx

button 1:1 2o2,3,4.....

After you've done this, route the incoming calls to dn 1000 with an incoming dial-peer

Grtz.

Dave

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I've never seen such an scenario, not sure if that might be the designed behavior.

Why don't you create 3 line groups containing each 1 of the DNs from each phone and then just configure them in the hunt list?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the help guys, we had to relay the 3 line group solution to the customer and explained that not all extension can be rung at the same time. They finally agreed to the new setup and we are all good now .

Thanks,

Farhan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: