Forward no answer External issue

islamahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears, 

I have a case, 

flow 

FXO > CUCM > IVR > transfere to internal Extention 

the issue is the internal extension see all calls come to it as an internal call. 

so the forward external doesn't work with us,  as the external call comes to IVR first then to the extension. 

Is there any way to activate the forward no answer external option if the call comes to the IVR first? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Stephanie: 

Thanks a lot for your explanation  

I solved the issue from "Service Parameter Configuration "

under Service Parameters / Callmanager / Clusterwide Parameters

Use Original Call Classification for Transferred Calls Required Field >>>> True

now I can transfer the external calls only to the voicemail 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Can you clarify more as I didn't get the scenario?

sure, 

the workflow is 

GW > CUCM > IVR > IP phone (internal extension)> forward no answer external to Voice mail

In this case, for the incoming external calls, the call forward doesn't work as the IP phone considers the call is internal, not external.

Did you get my point? 

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From where incoming call getting IVR ? Its from unity connection call handler or some other methods ?

If through Call handler via transfer rule then enter the external number on there and make sure you have correct Route pattern to forward this call at provider end.

If IVR number transferring call on internal number and its working then you can enter the external number on Forward no answer external section under line page and provide the correct CSS on that section.

Also make sure you correct RP to route external call at provider end.

If still issue then share the cucm logs and exact call flow.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

I think you didn't get my point, 

the issue is the "forward no answer external to the voice mail is not working for the IP Phone"

because the call comes to it via the IVR (Cisco Unity Connection SCCP), so it's considered an Internal call 

if the extension received the call directly without the IVR, the "forward no answer external to voice mail " is working in this case

So basically your asking if there is any way to have a call that comes from what is known as an internal party to be identified as coming from an external party? AFAIK there is no way to do that.

Response Signature

I'm curious, is there a reason you feel you need this to use the phone's external call forwarding?  Is there some special routing you are trying to accomplish?  The classification of internal is likely coming from the Unity system's trunk group classification (or system default) and would apply to all call's received from that trunk group.

Response Signature

thanks for your reply

I think you didn't get my point 

the case is I want to forward the external calls only to the voice mail.

the external call comes via the IVR. so it's considered an internal call.

is my case can be achieved or not? 

this is my question.

thanks in advance

@Roger Kallberg wrote:
So basically your asking if there is any way to have a call that comes from what is known as an internal party to be identified as coming from an external party? AFAIK there is no way to do that.

@islamahmed I already gave you an answer on that.

Besides this @Stephanie Knoop gave you an idea on how to possibly get the calls to be identified as External (+5) for that.

@Stephanie Knoop (ePlus) wrote:
The classification of internal is likely coming from the Unity system's trunk group classification (or system default) and would apply to all call's received from that trunk group.

Response Signature

@islamahmed 

You are correct in that I am not getting your point. It would be helpful if we understood why you are trying to modify this Behavior. Are you trying to utilize the call forward internal for certain calls and the call forward external for certain other calls on the phone's call forwarding parameters? If so, why?  More information is needed in order to understand really what you're trying to do.

If you're simply having a problem in that call forwarding is not working at all, why not just use the call forward internal parameter?

With the information currently provided, it feels as if everything is working as designed. A call comes in from the PSTN as an external call and it is routed to Unity for processing. Unity has a trunk or a port group over which that call is then transferred to a telephone. The calls coming out from Unity will ALL be considered internal or external based upon the "call classification" attribute configured in either system parameters or the trunk group (assuming SIP).  So, understanding your use case in more detail is important because any changes you make to that trunk group would affect all calls transferred from Unity, not just the scenario you are discussing.

Response Signature

Dear Stephanie: 

Thanks a lot for your explanation  

I solved the issue from "Service Parameter Configuration "

under Service Parameters / Callmanager / Clusterwide Parameters

now I can transfer the external calls only to the voicemail 

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried the setting in CUCM "Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity = True"

It's under Service Parameters / Callmanager / Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Thanks Dear, 

Issue solved by changing 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: