Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward on busy 10-12 seconds delay

Marcin Brzeski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a group of phones where I am using call forward on busy, no pickup and when not registered. The cll flow is as follows:

1. Number 11111 -> forwards on busy to 22222

2. Number 22222 -> forwards on busy to 33333

3. Number 33333 -> forwards on busy to 44444 - here is the problem with the delay. Whenever 33333 is busy and the call comes in it takes about 10-12 seconds before the systme finds out that that line is busy and rolls it over to 44444. This is not the case in scenario 1 and 2.

We have CUCM 8.5.

Any advise would be gratly appriciated.

Marcin    

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the "Busy trigger" set to on that DN?  If it is more than 1 it basically uses call waiting feature and DN should ring before moving to forward no answer and it would be considered busy. 

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

OK, that explains it. If you have 24 devices with the same DN it will not forward immediately as the other devices will ring. All 24 devices need to be busy in order for call forward busy to be invoked.

Chris

Just thought I might add that we have some "shared line" set ups that

all have the Busy Trigger set @ 1 on the specific DN's and they do forward

busy after 1 call on "any" of the phones. Just tested to be double sure

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the "Busy trigger" set to on that DN?  If it is more than 1 it basically uses call waiting feature and DN should ring before moving to forward no answer and it would be considered busy. 

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Busy trigger is set to 1, after the delay it forwards it over to the forth number so it works praperly but why is the delay there. I can not figure this out.

Thanks!

Marcin

Sounds like an interdigit timeout kicks in, make sure there is no other potential matches in your dial plan, i.e. 4XXXX, or anything that could overlap with 4444, search for all patterns starting with either 4, bracket [ that include 4 in it, or X in dial plan report.

HTH,

Chris

No overlaping numbers found in the dial plan. What else could it be?

Thanks

Marcin

What if you just call 4444 from another phone does that ring immidiately?

What if you set 3333 to forward to another DN, does that go out rigght away?

Chris

When I dial the 44444 from another phone it dials immidiately. When I set the 3333 to forward to another DN, same delay.

Marcin

Do you have proper CSS set for forward busy?

Have you reset the phone?

Yes the CSS is the same as with the other numbers which work fine. Yes, I've reset it I've even changed the phone.

Still darn delay.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcin,

I just wanted to add one note to the excellent help from Chris;

- is 33333 on any other phones (shared line) with a different Busy trigger?

- have you checked Busy Internal & External?

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, this is a shared line in fact shared by 26 phones/profiles. I went thru all of them one by one and made sure I did not miss anyone. I'll go over again, just to make sure, I didn't miss one.

Marcin

OK, that explains it. If you have 24 devices with the same DN it will not forward immediately as the other devices will ring. All 24 devices need to be busy in order for call forward busy to be invoked.

Chris

Just thought I might add that we have some "shared line" set ups that

all have the Busy Trigger set @ 1 on the specific DN's and they do forward

busy after 1 call on "any" of the phones. Just tested to be double sure

Cheers!

Rob

Indeed the issue was with one trigger out of 26 not being set to 1. All is working now. Thank you so much for your help. I am not sure if I can mark Correct answer for both of you?

Awsome.  You can absolutely mark both answers as correct.  Thanks in advance and good luck, (powodzenia w dalszych konfiguracjach :-) )

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: