Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward PSTN number to CTI route point call handler

acontreras1111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to setup a call handler for one of our campuses.

I have created a CTI route point that matches the call handlers.

My question is when I call AT&T and have them port the old number over to the number of the CTI route point

will it forward to the call handler?

Example:

Old number: 903-872-xxxx

CTI route point extension: 6498

Call Handler extension:6498

Whole number for call handler and CTI route point: 430-xxx-6498

In other words can I forward an AT&T DID to my CTI route point that is configured with my Auto Attendant to direct phone calls to internal extensions?

I am pretty new to this so if you need more info please just let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Yes this should work just fine! You will just need to use Call Forward All on the CTI-RP (6498) to forward the call to Unity Connection and everything else should match up correctly.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the quick reply Rob.

I uploaded a screen shot of the forward all you are talking about.

Could you please verify this is the correct step you listed in your first comment. 

That should work mate, make sure you call into the CTI RP internally to see if you land on your call handler,

if it doesnt work, make sure you have a forwarding routing rule on your unity box

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the reply Dennis.

I am able to call the CTI-RP internally and land on the call handler.

I thought I would do some testing. We have a campus that already has a CTI-RP configure for the AT&T DID to be forwarded to their internal front office extension. It works great.

To test I replaced the existing extension with the CTI-RP for the call handler.

I gave it a call and only got a Cisco voice what sounded like an unconfigured voice mail. Not the call handler.

my concern is when the number is finally ported over PTSN callers will get the default voice mail instead of the call handler. 

I dont follow 100%, so obviously your 6498 call handler works when you dial into it.

if you do a translation pattern that translates your ATT DID into the know, working 6498 call handler, what happens.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Yes, using the Call Forward All to VM checkbox is exactly what I was referring to.

Cheers!

Rob