cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward VMs from one DN to another

MBrooksAirIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is an easy one for you all. A customer has a need to forward VMs received on one DN to be picked up at another. If copies can be left in both mailboxes that would be nice, but is not a requirement. We are running Unity v4, and CUCM v6.1(4).

Thanx

EDIT: to clarify though it may be apparent, this would be for callers to the first DN - if they want to leave a VM it would be forwarded to the second DN.

5 Replies 5

MBrooksAirIT
Level 1
Level 1

In doing a bit of research, would an Alternate Extension work?

For now, I have just set the call to be forwarded to DN #2 after the greeting until we can come up with a more elegant solution.

Ended up using Alternate Extension, the desire to have messages in both places did not override how easy this solution was. The only trouble I had was not knowing the first DN mailbox had to be deleted first. Wonder how I give myself solution points?...

For those of you actually reading this thread: in Unity 4, go to the subscriber mailbox | Alternate Extensions, and enter the DN of the mailbox you want VMs to go to. Easy as that.

Boy, sure is quiet in here

Hi Michael

You are not able to mark yourself as correct. But because you've addes some very helpfull stuff, I've rated you

I can give you one additional input regarding the distribution of this voicemail.
From the current config, you can add an SMTP relay, which will bring the voicemail to a Email address. as the emailadress you can enter:

A: A emailadress which will distribute the voicemail to both emailaccounts

B: A emailadress on which both persons have access to.

Personally I'd prefer B, because then it's visible if the voicemail was listend to.

More on that topic here:
http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/695-voicemail-only-voicemail-relay-and-integrated-messaging-options-with-unity-connection.html

Best Regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

I have added my +5 for both you and slashdots for this good thread

Here is another way to accomplish your goal, especially if you start to approach

the the maximum number of Alternate Extensions;

If  you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile.  Feature > Voicemail > Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to  configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you  apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail  System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For our example: we want all calls that go to DN 2222 and then forward to VM to go to the 1111 mailbox.

You  would create a Profile in CUCM called "1111 Transfer or whatever" which  points to DN 1111 (**Voicemail Box Mask = 1111). Apply this new profile  to 2222 (under DN config page VM-Profile) and when calls route through  2222 and forward to voicemail they will recieve the 1111 Transfer  Greeting etc.

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen