cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded Lines/Unity

f.kirstein
Level 1
Level 1

We have a hunt group/line (helpdesk) set up to Broadcast to a number of cisco telephones.  On RNA/all Busy it use to drop out to a Unity mailbox (helpdesk greeting). 

We'd like to be able to redirect after hours callers to an On-Call mailbox (on call greetings), but to manually control the forwarding.  So, On RNA/all busy, we now drop out of the Hunt to an extension 3450 (phyically on a 6921), which is an alternate extension on the original helpdesk mailbox.  Works well.  However, we'd like to CFwdALL 3450 to the On-call extension and have the on-call unity mailbox answer.  I know the forwarding works, however once it hits Unity, it reverts back to the Helpdesk mailbox (and greeting).

Anyway to get it over the on-call mailbox when the line is forwarded to the oncall line?

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You could try creating a voicemail profile with a MASK of the On-Call mailbox number

Put the new profile on the line of 3450.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay on this update.

The MASK didn't work and I eventually contacted CISCO TAC.  There is a parameter in Unity that would allow using the last "redirected" number for routing incoming call which would have solve this problem, however it's a system change and it would have messed up all the other routing.  In the end, it was simplier and I believe better to have an alternate greeting with user options to route the after hours call. \\