Forwarded number voicemail issue

talltim10
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the following setup in CCM 7.1.5

Advertised number 2222 > Hunt Pilot 6601 > Hunt List > Line Group > Extensions

|           \ Voicemail on 6602

\Voicemail on 2222

The procedure is, callers call 2222. Out of hours this is forwarded to the voicemail on 2222. During hours the forward is set to 6601 and goes through to the extensions in the Line Group. This works.

However if none of the extensions in the Line Group answerI would like it to go to the seperate voicemail on 6602. Currently, whatever I do it goes to the voicemail on 2222.

I'm sure its s simple setting to not revert back to the forwarded-from number, but I can't find it.

Thanks, Tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

This does sound perfectly feasible One other thing to note here

is that you can leverage the "After Greeting" action on the various

Greetings like open/closed to route callers to different mailboxes

or treatments. So perhaps you may want to route the "out of hours"

callers to the 6602 mailbox using the After Greeting action on the closed greeting.

Lot's of choices here.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the hunt pilot configured with for forward no answer destination? Change it there, and check to see if you have any routing rules in UCON that drive it and also check mailbox 2222 to see if it has 6602 defined as alternate extension.

Chris

The Forward no answer (And Busy) it is set as 6602. It was originally on 6000 (Voicemail Pilot) but I've already tried changing it. 6602 is set to Forward All to Voicemail in CCM

I can't see any rules in UCON that should affect it, the VM settings for 6602 are pretty much default

2222 does not have anything defined in Alternate Extensions

What is 6602 defined as in CUCM? Is it translation pattern or cti route point or something else?

The easiest solution would be to define it as CTI RP with call forward all set to VM, this way the call when arriving at UCON will show the redirecting number as 6602 and go to that VM rather than 2202.

HTH,

Chris

6602 is actually a second line on the phones in the Line group to allow them to all access the voicemail

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

I'll just add this note to the great tips from Chris here (+5 "C")

In the default CUC configuration the CLID that is passed to Connection

with your set up will always be 2222. That is why you keep getting the greeting

for 2222 no matter what you tweak.

You can have a look into this "System-wide" setting which is available in Unity Connection 7.x and later ;

Via

Cisco Unity Connection Administration

Advanced (towards the bottom of the page)

Conversation Configuration

**Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call**

You would need to think about what impact this might have on your overall setup, but it should allow

for the normal "after hour" callsto route to the 2222 Greeting as well as

meeting secondary 6202 requirement as well

(build 6202 with a forward to VM as Chris nicely noted)

Cheers!

Rob

Tim,

Like Rob said Unity connection uses First redirecting number. The challenge you will face with this is that when the call comes into 2222 first before its diverted to the Huntpilot number, this will always go to the Mailbox for 2222. Unless you change the behaviour as Rob suggested.

If all calls to 2222 go to the hunt pilot, then you can create a routing rule to send the call to mailbox for 6602, but since 2222 has a mailbox I take it thats not the case

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Right, I don't really want to change the system-wide setting so it looks like I'm not gong to get it to work in this way.

As an alternative I'm thinking of setting it up slightly differently.

Voicemail on 2222 uses schedules with different Greetings. 6602 is removed completely and all voicemails go to 2222 in and out of hours. The phones which currently access the 6602 voicemail are changed to access the 2222 voicemail

Does this sound feasable?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

This does sound perfectly feasible One other thing to note here

is that you can leverage the "After Greeting" action on the various

Greetings like open/closed to route callers to different mailboxes

or treatments. So perhaps you may want to route the "out of hours"

callers to the 6602 mailbox using the After Greeting action on the closed greeting.

Lot's of choices here.

Cheers!

Rob

A slight changed of required spec made it a lot easier, no voicemail are required to be left out of hours. In fact after getting abetter understanding the final setup is very simple.

In CUCM I created an Open Schedule

Calls to main number (2222) are either answered on the phone or manually forwarded to the Hunt Pilot (6601), and its HL and LG etc

Busy/No Answer calls on 2222 and 6601 are sent to CUCM User on 2222 due to the Use First Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call feature mentioned above. 2222 uses the Open Schedule to decide whether to use the Standard or Closed Greeting.

The Standard Greeting for 2222 plays no message and sends to User with Mailbox 6602 which plays a Personal Recording and takes a Message.

The Closed Greeting for 2222 plays a Personal Recording and ends the call.

The phones in the Line Group have 6602 as a second line. This allows all to pick up voicemails left on 6602

It took a while the reduce the components, at one point I had two schedules and two call handlers, but I realised its actually quite a simple task.

Thanks to all for help and advice.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Nice work here! Thanks for posting back with your results +5

for providing a nice work flow that may help someone else down the

road.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: