cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forwarded PSTN calls don't show original caller number

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am using CME 8.6 with 3 digit DNs.  I use outgoing translation rules on the SIP provider dial peers so that a few DNs that have DIDs setup show the DID assigned to them and all other DNs show the main office number.  Many of my users enable CFA to send calls to their cell phones.  When a call that is originated internally is forwarded the DID of the forwarded DN (or main office number if no DID) shows on the cell but when calls come in from the PSTN and are forwarded they always show the main office number.  What do I need to check to make PSTN calls work just like internal?

Thanks,

Diego 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

The problem was in the translation rule used on the outbound dial-peer.   I had a "catch-all" rule at the end ".*" that would set calling number to main office number.  This was matching the calling number of the PSTN callers being forwarded out thus showing the main office number on forwarded calls.  I changed the catch-all to a more restrictive rule that only matches internal DNs and problem solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Contact your service provider - they are likely screening the calls you are sending. You’ll have to ask to have it allowed to send other caller ID which may come at a cost if they do this at all.

Most providers will default to the main billing number if you send something you’re not allowed to.

Adam,

This is not the case for me.  I have tested and I can pretty much put any 10 digit number in the outbound DID translation rule and it will work.    Something happens to calls coming in from the PSTN SIP trunk that makes them lose their original caller ID when forwarded back out to PSTN

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

The problem was in the translation rule used on the outbound dial-peer.   I had a "catch-all" rule at the end ".*" that would set calling number to main office number.  This was matching the calling number of the PSTN callers being forwarded out thus showing the main office number on forwarded calls.  I changed the catch-all to a more restrictive rule that only matches internal DNs and problem solved.

Perfect

That's a good idea I should probably implement myself to some degree. We're obligated to not forward garbo into the PSTN or abuse that caller ID spoofing, so I should probably write up a sieve to drop things that don't conform to +E.164 at a minimum.

Glad you got it