cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded Routing Rule - Unity Connection Help?

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement for the following scenario:

Reception phone is Ext 2000. On a holiday day, reception will forward Ext 2000 to ext 2001. Ext 2001 is then forward all to Voicemail.

On CUC, I have setup a call handler with extension 2001 which I want to play when someone calls the reception on 2000.

To achieve this I have had to setup a 'Forwarded Routing Rule' which matches on calls forwarded from ext 2000 and sends the call to the call handler I created.

My Problem:

During normal working hours, the reception (Ext 2000) is busy and someone calls in, the call will get forwarded to CUC. When this happens, the call is being picked up by the forwarded rule and is hitting the 'Holiday' greeting, which I do not want to happen.

Any ideas why this might be happening. I would expect that a call hitting 2000 and then voicemail would NOT hit the forwarded rule because its not forwarded on to another extension...

1 Reply 1

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

Seems to be working as designed, you have a Forwarding Rule matching 2000, so when a call comes in from 2000 it matches. I am guessing you set Calling Number = 2000 in the rule?

I think you want the Forwarding Rule to be Forwarding Station = 2001.

You could also apply a schedule, to either the routing rule or the 2000 VM box, that included a list of holidays but then you have to remember to keep up with that every year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: