Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded voice messages to a cellphone and email

Thiago Gandara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voice team,

i´d like to know, how to transfer the voice messages to a cellphone and email.

The user can listening the messages on both devices (cisco phone and your personal cellphone and email).

Thanks,

Thiago Gandara

35 Replies 35

I talk to the client and he wants the SMTP notification, just an alert, to make this configuration a need a smart host configured, thats right?

Thanks.

for Cell phones , the below is just an example.

On CUCM I'd create an ext  phone (your IP phone)  with the DID and do a CFNA/CFUnregistered and send it to UCxn,

like every other phone.   all calls will go directly to voicemail.  In Unity Connection, I go to my profile for my IP phone voicemail box  and set +14092228888 (as my mobile phone) as an alternate extension.

so the call is sent to Unity Connection.Unity Connection matches the number as an Alternate Extension to my production IP phone,

For SMTP (text) notification, yes...you need a relay server and also configure the notification for that user's mailbox. See the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag200.pdf

Hailey

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ok, David.

I managed to configure the voice message is sent to the cellphone, but the recording asks to enter the pin, I type but nothing happens, the recording asks for the pin again, it seems that is not accepting the digits of my cellphone.

thanks.

Thiago, this is likely a DTMF issue.  There are a few different variables and is likely related to a configuration on the voice gateway that terminates the PSTN connections (are you using POTS, PRI, or SIP trunk)?  Is the integration for Unity Connection using SCCP (i.e., you have ports configured in CUCM) or SIP (i.e., you have a SIP trunk from CUCM to Unity Connection)?

Hailey

Hi David, im using E1 Link, POTS. The unity its integrated to CUCM using SCCP protocol. I have 16 ports configured in my CUCM.

Thanks.

I see the debugs and after put the line: " incoming called-number . " on dial-peer voice 1 voip,  a can enter the pin and listen my messages.

Thanks.

Hi David, is possible remove pin on notification device for my user, so when a voice message arrive at my phone I don't need to digit my password and listen the voice message?

Thanks

Thiago

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Haven't tried this on a notification outcall so you'll need to verify the behavior:

You can define the cell phone number as an Alternate Extension for the user's mailbox.  Then on the basic properties for the user's mailbox, select the Skip PIN when calling from a known extension option.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Ok, I will do this test.

Thanks.

Hi i do the test, but my cellphone dont ring.

Do you have any procedure that show me how to configure alternate extension?

Thanks.

Thiago,

The alternate extension doesn't ring your cell phone.  That is the notification configuration.  You need to read the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac040.html#Phone_and_Pager_Notification_Devices

The Alternate Extension is set under the mailbox by selecting Edit > Alternate Extensions.  It is an alias or a way to associate a number that is not the primary extension to the mailbox so that the system can recognize multiple numbers for a user and direct them to same mailbox.

Ok, the device notification works, i cant configure the alternate extension.

Hi, i do this, but when i put my cellphone as alternate extension, nothing happen. It doesn't ring

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: