Replies

Forwarding Information in redirect via Huntpilots

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we have following scenario:

3 IP phones from type 6941 and 7970.

At all phones a forwarding no answer to a hunt pilot is configured.

Behind this huntpilot a huntlist with a huntgroup.

In this huntgroup all phones above are members. distribution is broadcast.

Now a call comes to one of these phones. If no answering, the call goes right to the huntpilot. Now the two other phones ringing correct.

1. question: why the phone from which the call is redirected to the huntpilot, not ringing? It is also a member of the huntgroup.

2. question: at the ringing phones display I can't see the original destination for this call (no forwarding information). I only see, it comes from the huntpilot. In my lab I tested this with a new 8961 and there I can see the forwarding information. Is there any parameter or something else to display the forwarding information at a 7970 or 6941 phone also?

4 Replies 4

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

In my experience call forwarding no answer to a phone's own hunt group, will not ring that specific hunt member that did the forwarding, however if you forward all to its hunt group, it will ring that hunt member that did the forwarding.  If this is not default behavior, maybe someone will shed some light on this for us, but this is what I have seen.

Work around is to add the hunt pilot and the hunt members to a pickup group, then if a phone activates call forward no answer to a hunt pilot, they can retrieve that call by using the pickup feature.

Hope this helps.

Ronak Agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For your question 1: Tested with CIPC, and the phone which redirected to the HP, also rang.

For the question 2: You can check the parameter "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting" in the service parameters.

Regards,

Ronak Agarwal

1. question
1. question:

thanks for your answer, but that isn't what we want. We dont want see the hunt pilot name, it is always set to "true". We want see the DN or label of the phone, which initiated the forwarding to the hunt group.

To see the number which forwarded the call, try setting the parameter "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting" to False and test.

Again, if this is happening with a particular phone model, you can try to upgrade the firmware or open a TAC case for more investigation.

Regards,

Ronak Agarwal