cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding ip phone issues

dianearsenault
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 cisco ip phones that are set up identically, or so I believe they are.  Both have phones forwarded to a cell phone.  1 user gets the forwarded calls and if he doesn't pick up they go to his cell phone voice mail as it should.  The 2nd user never can get the forwarded calls before they go right to his cell phone voice mail.  This is a frustrating issue as I can not see any difference between the 2 phones set ups in Cisco Unified CM Administration.  I feel like the issue points to the cell phones themselves but am getting a lot of push back from the user.  Anyone have a suggestions to throw out there?  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Also a good tool on making sure scenarios like this are configuered the same way from a CSS, Partition, External Phone Number Mask, transform, take your pick is to run a DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) check. 

If you dont know you get to this and assuming the service is enabled then you go to IP or hostname of pub or sub/DNA 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_C7C05BE8_00_cucm-dialed-number-analyzer-90/CUCM_BK_C7C05BE8_00_cucm-dialed-number-analyzer-guide_chapter_010.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

Your configuring call forward all on the DN of a phone? Do they have the same Call Forward All CSS applied to the DN? What is the result if forwarding the problematic phone/extension to a different cell, i.e. yours?

Thanks for the messages.  Phone will forward to a different cell number.  That was a good troubleshooting tip.

Also a good tool on making sure scenarios like this are configuered the same way from a CSS, Partition, External Phone Number Mask, transform, take your pick is to run a DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) check. 

If you dont know you get to this and assuming the service is enabled then you go to IP or hostname of pub or sub/DNA 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_C7C05BE8_00_cucm-dialed-number-analyzer-90/CUCM_BK_C7C05BE8_00_cucm-dialed-number-analyzer-guide_chapter_010.html