Views
Helpful
Replies

Four DN's to ring one FXS Port

rmckerrall1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have four separate DN's on a phone that all need to ring to a single FXS port (external ringer).

I realize that I can create a broadcast hunt group for each line and have it ring the phone and the external ringer extension but this is a messy solution. I could also hook up four external ringers to four separate FXS ports on a VG204.... also messy.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just add a translation pattern to map the four numbers to the 'real' single number you assign to the FXS port.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

If I add a translation pattern it will only ring the FXS port number and not the extension on the phone itself, I need the phone and the ringer to ring simultaneously. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Rob

I see.

Hunt groups would be one way.

Another way might be to set up the ringer as a remote destination and link that to the lines. Probably also quite messy.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: