Views
Helpful
Replies

Fractional PRI

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there,

My customer has one h323 voice gateway (ISR 2950)and one PRI connected to Telco,  they want to assign some channels dedicated to the assigned DID number.

First 14 channels to   DID 1

Next  5 channels to   DID 2

Next  4 channels to   DID 3 and 4

According to configuration of Fractional PRI, I need to configure four channel groups and  four dial-peer with same destination for inbound and outbound calls. For incoming calls, Telco will route the calls to assigned trunk group based on called number, but how the GW identify the trunk group based on calling number for outgoing calls? how does GW know which DID numbers belong to which trunk group? could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

Eric

5 Replies 5

Hi ,

one possibility is to create a "code" for each DID, in the example bellow I use "*":

dial-peer voice 10 pots
 destination-pattern 1...
 prefix 1
 port <DID 1>

dial-peer voice 20 pots
 destination-pattern *1...
 prefix 1
 port <DID 2>

dial-peer voice 30 pots
 destination-pattern **1...
 prefix 1
 port <DID 3 & 4>

When a 'DID 2' IP Phone dials "1000" then you need to insert a "*" before send the call to the GW ... if a 'DID 3 & 4' IP Phone dials "1000" then you need to insert a "**" before send the call to the GW.

This is only an example ... Hope this helps.

Thanks mmorais. Your example is for FXO trunk?, PRI only has one port.

I prefer to use T1 CAS since ther are only one PRI group per controller.

Hi all,

If the customer has decided to add the second PRI, how GW identify the relationship between DID number and PRI?

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

For outgoing calls, does Cisco ISR support to choose PRI line based on calling number if customer has over 2 PRIs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: