Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Call roaming Issues

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having this issue for some time now to no avail. I have a pure IPT solution running in my office. I have two 4-port FXO cards on a 1760 router. I have IP Phones with directory numbers 1016, 1004, 1006, 1023 and 10001. I want IP Phone 1016 (operator) to make and receive calls on FXO ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2, and 2,3 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1004 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/1 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1006 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/0 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1023 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/2 ONLY and not through any other ports.

Also IP Phone 1001 should be able to make and receive calls through FXO port 3/2 ONLY.

With the attached config, calls meant for particular ports still raom through other FXO ports. Attached is the "sh run". I'll appreciate a permanent solution to this. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are two techniques you can use, "steering digits" and COR.

The first is detailed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

The COR tecnique is similar, in that an incoming voip DP is also configured with "answer-address", but instead than digits, COR rules and precedences are used to select the port to use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using CME or CM ? Seems strange to me that you're using CM for so little phones and analog lines.

The solution changes a little depending on what you're using.

I am using a CCM4.1. I have about 45 IP Phones an 15 Communicators. The Phones I reffered to earlier are the ones that has to do with the PSTN lines. I still need solution to my problem seriuosly. Can anyone be of help?

There are two techniques you can use, "steering digits" and COR.

The first is detailed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

The COR tecnique is similar, in that an incoming voip DP is also configured with "answer-address", but instead than digits, COR rules and precedences are used to select the port to use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Bevilacqua,

I was able to solve some of the issues I mentioned earlier on. The only stuborn issue is making one IP phone call through several FXO ports.

i.e. I have IP Phone with extension number 1016(operator's phone). I want IP Phone 1016 only to be able to make calls through any of FXO ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2 & 2/3 only and not through any other FXO ports.

Attached is the current show running config on the router.

Will appreciate your help.

Hi, I don't quite understand where phone are all H.323 to the same address ? If so you can reduce the number of dialpeers, many are duplicate. Alos, put the voice port under trunk group, make two one a set of ports one for the other. This trunk group you reference in a single DP and reduce DP, furthermore you can introduce more than one trunk per DP with preference. doing this doen;t prevent you from referencing the individisual port for DPs if you want.

Also translation-rule have duplicate entries.

Once you have simplified the config with the changes above, then I can suggest you better how to send a single phone to use a certain trunk group, but I see that you're using steering digits so you should have understood that already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: