cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Dial Access in Call Manager 11.5

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2911 with an FXO port. I see this in Callmanager/devices/gateways. I see where to point an incoming call (Attendant DN). But I do not see or understand, how do I configure to dial the FXO port for outgoing from Callmanager?  Is this possible or must I configure the 2911 for Callmanager. Note this is for a single connection to a device, Not for outbound calling to the PSTN. Thank you,

6 Replies 6

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is this for MGCP ? FXO becomes an endpoint when configured with MGCP. The endpoint should appear on the RP if you don't have it as part of an RG already.

Nipun,  Yes to your questions, MGCP and this FXO port is assigned in a route group. As I mentioned, I have used these for sites to have PSTN incoming lines ring the Attendant DN. But how about if I want to go OUT, like I wanted to make an outgoing phone call ? 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, you say "a device" and "not outbound calling to PSTN"

If you have a phone or a fax machine that you want to connect, you need an FXS, not an FXO.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,  This is a trunk device and not a station device, Not FXS application. So if I can dial access the FXO and it opens the link to the device, then I send it DTMF similar to connecting with PSTN. But the question remains, How can I dial access an FXO port, so I can call it from an IP Phone on the system ? 

Better to add the GW as H.323 or have a SIP trunk pointing to GW for this. DP on IOS should be able to route the call to FXO and trigger dial access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: