Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO not identify Caller ID

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a Gateway 2921 with SIP Configured. In this equipment too having a FXO that not is identify the Caller ID. The Carrier told that identifier call is enable. Below the configuration FXO port. Are there another configuration to do in FXO interface?

voice-port 0/0/1
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
cptone BR
timeouts call-disconnect 5
timeouts wait-release 5
connection plar 6556
station-id name TRONCO-NET
caller-id enable

Currently, when I dialed to number the User verify in the display only information: TRONCO-NET and not appear the number.

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

15 Replies 15

Hi.

You only have a name defined for that FXO Port. You also need to set a station number. Station-id number 12345.

Hi Janis,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. In station-id number I need put the number of the line?

Regards,

Wilson

Sorry thought this was a FXS port. If you want caller ID that is sent from telco, ensure that telco is providing caller ID to enable this. you can do a debug "voice ccapi inout" to see if telco is sending caller id. 

Hi Janis,

No problem, don´t worry. Today will to do test. I will inform to You about the results, Ok.

Regards,

Thanks,

Wilson

CCAPI does not tell anything related to the port. You need a VPM/VTSP. Better still hook up the line to a caller id enabled analog phone and see if the caller ID is presented. Do note the number of rings post which the caller ID appears.

Hi Nipun,

Thanks a lot by Your usual help. Today My co-worker will in the office and We will put analogic phone with call identifier. I will verify the number of rings as You are mentioning. After to do test I will inform the results.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Nipun,

My Co-worker take the line FXO and put the Analogic Telephony with Caller Identifier and did test of call and number is show in the displayl.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Nipun,

In the last friday was did the test. My co-worked putted the line in Analogic Telephony with Caller Identifier and the Carrier is send the number corretly. When return to gateway appear with unknow number. The next step will run debug in the FXO to try identify the that can be occur.

Hi Janis,

My Co-worker take the line FXO and put the Analogic Telephony with Caller Identifier and did test of call and number is show in the displayl.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

After how many rings was it ? Configure "caller-id altering ring X" command under the voice-port. X is the number of rings. Do a shut/no shut under the port post the change and then test.

Hi Nipun,

The User not is in the office now and my co-worker don´t remember how many rings was it? Tomorrow I can new test and came back with the answer, Ok.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Nipun,

The interface already this configuration:

voice-port 0/0/1
 supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
 cptone BR
 timeouts call-disconnect 5
 timeouts wait-release 5
 connection plar 6556
 caller-id enable
 caller-id alerting ring 2

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Nipun,

Sorry by delay. Was add the command:

sip-ua
timers buffer-invite 500

But, the fxo when received the call continues show: unknown number

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Janis,

In the last friday was did the test. My co-worked putted the line in Analogic Telephony with Caller Identifier and the Carrier is send the number. The next step will run debug in the FXO to try identify the that can be occur.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: