cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO port not going back onhook when call goes to CUC Voice mail.

shaun barrs
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

Quiet new to the voice world and have just set up a home lab and have run into the following problem.

• When a call comes in from the PSTN and gets transferred to voicemail CUC, when the caller has left the message and hung up the FXO port on my Cisco 3825 does not go back on hook
  • If a call comes in from the PSTN and is answered on a phone registered to the CUCM and the internal user hangs up the FXO port goes back on hook but if the caller hangs up the FXO port does not go back on hook.

I am using H.323 between the 3825 & CUCM

PSTN ------->Voice Gateway 3825-------->CUCM-------->CUC

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Debug mgcp packets

Devbug VoIP vtsp all

Debug vpm signal

Attach the same with one test call , do mention the calling and called numbers

Regards,
Kevin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Debug mgcp packets
Debug vpm signal
Debug VoIP vtsp all

Regards,
Kevin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shaun,

The router DSP port is not able to detect the disconnect tone sent by provider that is why FXO port is remaining off hook. When call is answered by IP phone then IP phone user can listen the disconnect tone when PSTN caller disconnectes the call and they will hang up the call so gateway is aware that call is disconnected and moves the port to ON hook state but CUE cannot understand the tone so it keeps the call active. To resolve the issue we ave to configure custom CPTONE. Kindly collect PCM capture for a test call. Disable capture after call is disconnected by PSTN caller. i have attached the document. Use the method according to your IOS version.

Using PCM capture we can findout the exact frequency and cadence of the disconnect tone sent by provider.

shaun barrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.  I issued "supervisory disconnect anytone" under the FXO port on the voice gateway and this has resolved the issue.

Thanks again,

Shaun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: