Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO ring-dect issue

Dears,

I have a cisco router configured with MGCP to the call manager. FXO ports shown as registered in the CUCM but FXO is no not working.

It shows in the Cisco Voice GW as ring-dect then up status. and keeps ringing or some time ring once and disconnect.

Attached is the debug file for the below commands for two test calls on FXO lines.

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vtsp all

debug vpm all

debug mgcp pack

Please act to resolve the issue

12 Replies 12

I don't think its a   MGCP configuration. I see a  ports configured for PLAR  5004  asper your configurations and there should be some dial-peers configured  to handle this call. share the complete configuration. or have a look on below link and make sure that you have configured the gateways properly to handle the right protocol.

And also I see below on debugs.

CALL_CONTROL-6-APP_NOT_FOUND: Application mgcpapp in dial-peer 999000 not found. Handing callid 59 to the alternate app default.

Voice-port 0/0/0
trunk-group 1
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
no battery-reversal
echo-cancel coverage 64
timeouts wait-release 1
timing hookflash-out 50
impedance complex2
voice-port 0/0/1
trunk-group 1
no battery-reversal
echo-cancel coverage 64
timeouts wait-release 1
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar opx immediate 5004
voice-port 0/0/2
trunk-group 1
no battery-reversal
cptone SA
timeouts wait-release 1
impedance complex2
caller-id enable
voice-port 0/0/3
trunk-group 1
no battery-reversal
echo-cancel coverage 64
timeouts wait-release 1
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar opx immediate 5004

Below mentioned is an example IOS configuration for MGCP.

Bind the MGCP application to the voice ports.

VG200A(config)#dial-peer voice 1 pots
VG200A(config)#application MGCPAPP
VG200A(config)#port 0/0/1

MGCP configuration Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/42105-vg200-cfg.html

You can have a similar thread on community from below link.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/mgcp-fxo-gateway-on-2811-router/td-p/3002183

Configuring Connection PLAR for VoIP Gateways

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/h323/14368-plar-config.html

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin for your replay,

the above commands are already there as below, and plar is also removed and tested. The destination number is managed from the CUCM mgcp port as you know. It is configured to forward the call to an internal extension.

The issue is as soon i call the FXO line, it shows ring-dect status then up status (show voice port summary) and caller just hears ringing.

on another hand., when i remove the commands like impedance complex2, and supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call, then place a call, it rings one then disconnects and the status shows off-hook then idle.

dial-peer voice 999000 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 999001 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 999002 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0/2

Make sure you configured the right CSS  for voice port on gateway and you added proper Attendant DN for forwarding the calls.

2.PNG1.PNG

Response Signature

Hi again Nithin,

Both of your above configuration was already there,

i have attached you another debug files for two test calls as below:

The first call is to voice-port 0/0/1 and the second call is to voice-port 0/0/0.

Calling number: 771484383

Called id of first call: 03-225805

Called id of second call: 03-225806

regards,

Hi there,

I think we need to see a full configuration here. The debugs for the last calls look to be landing on ports 0/2/0 and 0/2/1 and we haven't seen this configuration. Are we also working from the last debug you took or the first? The first debug had a disconnect cause code of 28 and the latest debug has a disconnect cause code of 63.

Thanks Scott for your replay.

here you go for the main show run settings as per requested.

The difference in the error code , i think because of the different applied settings under the voice ports as some times caller hears ringing tone only and sometime ring once then disconnect.

regards,

Why do you configure  Plar  8004 if you are planning to use it with MGCP. FXO port with MGCP is a very rare scenario. if you need to use this with plar, configure dial-peer to CUCM and add the same gateway as h323(this is the best way of using FXO). You can use multiple protocols on same gateway. 

Keep minimum configuration on voice-port if you are using MGCP.

voice-port 0/2/0
no battery-reversal
echo-cancel coverage 64
timeouts wait-release 1
timing hookflash-out 50
!
voice-port 0/2/1
no battery-reversal
echo-cancel coverage 64
timeouts wait-release 1
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar opx 8007

Share  screen shots of CUCM MGCP configuration. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin again,

Ignore any PLAR setting under the voice ports, it is already removed. Yes MGCP is rare but this settings is working fine for 10 years till last week. Attached is the MGCP CUCM settings as requested.

All previous issues for the whole period is when the status shows as Unknown or Rejected, but now shows as Registered and not working.

Plz Consider the ip address of CUCM as 172.16.95.1 in the last show run.

regards,

Hi again,

I remove MGCP and configure H323 , shows same issue for FXO port ring-det status.

regards

Hi Mohammed,

Just a shot in the dark here, but does anything discussed in this thread help?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/fxo-ringing-problem/td-p/1482959

Scott

Dear Scott,

This post is for after the internal phone rings but don't hand up, my issue is at the beginning in which I want my internal phone number to ring, it keeps showing ring-det status then up status only with ring tone sound.

regards,

From the CUCM page you are trying to transfer the call to 3015 hope this extensions is registered and gateway can access it. Remove unwanted configurations from the port. 

Response Signature