Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO ringing problem

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I dial by mobile phone from PSTN to my company number and press the extension number for local phone. The IP Phone rings. Now I hang off the mobile phone but the IP Phone still ringing. So what is the problem? Is it caused by FXO setting? Thank you very much.

30 Replies 30

Dear Harmit,

Thanks for your explaination. I marked your last post as "correct answer". I like UC and I hope we can meet each other in Cisco forum again

Hi Hiep,

It was my pleasure and we certainly will bump into eachother again on CSC

--

Harmit.

i am also facing the same problem

can you help me to capture rtp payload using wireshark

Hi

i have the PCM.dat file and i want ask how to decode it.

i have sigviewer and cool edit pro but can't get the frequency and cadnece information

Hi, you should contact Cisco Technical Support team to decode the pcm.dat file. They have an internal tool to do this.

Otherwise, you have another simple way to do this.

Follow the guide in this link

http://ciscoflair.blogspot.com/2009/05/cisco-fxo-disconnect-issue.html

Summary:

1. You will have to capture the audio payload when disconnect the call. You can do this by using Wireshark (SPAN on switch) or directly record by your Windows recorder.

2. Use CoolEdit Pro to analyze the frequency spectrum and get the peak value. This is frequency parameter.

3. Use CoolEdit Pro and get ON/OFF cadence just by selecting some section on the graph.

I have tried this method many times and it works great. Plz feel free to ask me when you try to do this.

Hiep Nguyen,

Hiep Nguyen Ho you are great

now it's working fine and the below is my configuration:

-- My frequency is 425

-- My cadence is 500 500

-- the cptone meets the above information is cptone BE

voice class custom-cptone FXO
dualtone disconnect
  frequency 425
  cadence 500 500

voice-port 0/2/0
trunk-group STC
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
supervisory custom-cptone FXO
cptone BE
timeouts wait-release 1
connection plar opx 8794
impedance complex2
caller-id enable
caller-id alerting line-reversal
caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Note: it only rings one time after i hung up

Congratulation on your successful configuration! One more thing, when you use your custom cp-tone, you don't have to use cptone BE anymore. The purpose of cptone command  is configuring the template tone for country only.

Hi,

It is still a bit unclear as to what exactly the 'official' parameters are for tones in VN.

Can you summarise them?

I found this public site, but VN not filled in....

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/daa-search.htm

Thx if you can help..

As the poster from VN pointed out above, there is no official tone definitions in his country.

That is common in other countries too.

Yes got that. What Iwas asking was for a full response for what was found for Vietnam.

It was unclear if Mrmhart was in Vietnam, or just reporting what his settings were.

It would be good to have a clear summary of results found for Vietnam and perhaps to update the database as noted in my previous post. Save a lot of people time.

Hiep?

Thanks for comments Paolo.

Dear all,

As Paolo has say that, there is no official tone tone in my country, There is many vendor in my country, each vendor defined difference tone for telco, that is no database for disconect tone in VN. As discoussion in preivous post, we must manual calculate disconect tone for each line FXO. If you need a detail instruction for calculate disconnectone, I will translate to English and send ASAP via Email.

Thanks,

Trung.

Thx Trung that would be great.

Are you in TP HCM?

I would think that while the range may vary for HCM to Dalat to Hanoi, on average there must be some setting to start with to get you in the vicinity of being being correct. What do people use as intial setup values? Assume generic settings so those non Cisco people can also benefit from this discussion.

Hi David,

I'm in Hanoi. As you said, there will be different ranges,   it depends on different device providers for Telco, each Telco uses  several different firms, not fixed for any provider. So the disconnect  tone parameter are also not fixed. With my experience, when deploying at  over 30 provinces and cities in my country, sometimes there will be  some repeated disconnect tones at some provinces. The best way is  measuring the tone for each point, it didn't take much time (about 5').  It will resolve more quickly than finding an average for entire region.  Please send your email address via my private message, I will translate  the documents and reply you soon

Thanks,

Trung.

A solid, pragmatic engineering approach from Nguyen, that I've rated.

Khoa Le Tat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm facing this problem with CUCM + Cisco 2921/2911 gateway. So where can I apply those command to our system?