Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

FXO Solution

Hello everybody,

I need some help to select a backup solution for PRIs failure in the following environment. We are working with CUCM6 cluster and 2 PRIs, installed in 2 2821 voice gateway each one. I've been told to manage a backup solution through 6 to 10 analog lines which will be assigned to specific departments in case of failure and need to know,

- which is the best choice in terms of interface modules? I've seen VIC2-4FXO and Cisco High Density Module EM-HDA-6FXO but I dont know if some of them is out of sale/life or whether there is an advantage in using one or another or, even if there is another suitable module.

- how to implement the assignment of lines in case of failure to specific IP Phones. I suppose it will be done through AAR and CoS but any documentation with a similar scenario will be helpful.

Thank you in advanced and have a nice day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

You will use VIC2-4FXO for this. There is no other practical chocie.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

You will use VIC2-4FXO for this. There is no other practical chocie.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

You could also use an FXS/DID port, and get DIDs from the provider.  That way you can get digit delivery and route your calls to different destinations.

Highlighted

But FXS/DID only does incoming calls to the router, so FXOs will be required for outgoing anyway.