Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO to CUC port release issue

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have little weired issue with the fxo line, i tried alot of things and commands but the outcome which comes sometime call get  disconnected after 5 mins, sometime after few seconds either incoming or outgoing. Now seems its ok but still one thing which i am facing is let say if i call to the number it comes via fxo port to AA number which is on unity connection, if i hang up the call during announcement, port got connected and i believe got release after 5 to 7 mins, thts bcz of unity connection timer something, could anyone help or faced the same issue. I had one dialpeer to point to cucm for AA. 

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sounds like a FXO disconnect issue. First thing ensure that the connection plar has the "opx" keyword added on the router. This is taking the fact that the protocol in use is H.323 or SIP. It won't matter for MGCP.
Next you need to check if the "voice-ports" are correctly configured with a "cptone" if this is not with a US Telco. Also, you need to monitor the GW with a "show voice port summary" and "show voice call summary" to see if the ports are hung in a off-hook state. Final thing to check would be to know what sort of a disconnect does your Telco use - tone based or supervisory ?

Yes opx is there already, i noticed that once calls goes to CUC for AA  port remains connected, i am trying to see that its getting cleared may be via default timer from cuc but not sure

I noticed the time, if call goes to cuc, it getting disconnected after 11 mins, also i noticed one thing which is if its transfered to phone as well takes much time to release the port

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If the call is being disconnected on the PSTN, there is nothing that you can do apart from a manual port bounce or figuring out how is the telco supposed to disconnect the calls and add the appropriate configurations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: