Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO vic problem

Nanda.Monteiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

I'm testing a cme and everything works fine. FXS works great and i can do all internal calls without any problem. Now i have this issue: i got a external line  with no function besides gives me a dial-tone (when i plug this line into a analogic phone i can hear the dial-tone). I dont know if its a simple pbx line or a sdh line, but the fact is, this dial line doesnt make any call, its just a dial tone line to test the fxo vic. So, what i have to do is press 0 (or any other number) on the ip phones and analogic phones to get a dial tone from the fxo vic like i was making an pstn call. I'm reading for 2 days and made all the changes it would supose to work and nothing works. My phones can't get any dial-tone from the fxo vic. It's a very basic configuration just to test if its everything ok with the equipment and this is my last test and i dont understand why its not working.

Thats what i have:

C2911-CME-SRST/K9 with VIC2-4FXO Four-port Voice Interface Card - FXO (Universal)

WS-C2960-24PC-L

IOS 15.0(1r)M12

CME 8.6

Any ideas how to make it work? I tryed the prefix but didnt help at all. I really dont know if its my configuration problem or if it is this dial-test-line i supose to plug in and test. For my fxo configuration i did:

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

cptone BR

timeouts interdigit 2

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

connection plar 1004

caller-id enable

And aplyed this dial-peer on the voice-port:

dial-peer voice 6 pots

destination-pattern ........

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 8

Thanks and sorry about my english, not my main language... =)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

destination-pattern 9

default forward-digits

then dial 9 to seize line.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you plug a phone in that line that you don't know what it is, can you make calls ?

Because if you don't, there is no point in using it with the router either,

No, i can't make any calls from this line, its just a test line. It has signal tho. All i needed to do is press 0 or any other number and get a dial-tone from this test line from analogic and ip phones i have set. I can't make it work.

destination-pattern 9

default forward-digits

then dial 9 to seize line.

Thanks! I will try this as soon as i go to work and i will post the results in here!

Thanks a lot Paolo, it worked!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: