cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS Port on voice gateway over SIP trunk

dan.hornbeck
Level 1
Level 1
  • Hi there. I have a hunt group with two IP sets and I also want to include an analog set that is hanging off an FXS port on a configured and connected 2901 voice gateway. The gateway has a SIP trunk configured between it and CUCM. 

My initial strategy was going to be to add a CTI route point to the hunt group and CFA it to the DN for the FXS port ( a route pattern would match the forward destination and route the call to the voice gateway). This forwarded route point works fine except as soon as it's placed in the hunt group and the group is dialed, it doesn't ring. I know why it's not ringing: cucm doesn't acknowledge call forwarding for a DN in a hunt group (makes sense). 

So my ask is: how do a ge the FXS port in a hunt group (maybe without changing the gateway to MGCP....?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You wouldn't have to make the whole gateway into MGCP, and you could use SCCP as well. Just have the analog port register with CM, and then you can handle the hunting however you like. The rest of the SIP gateway would be blissfully unaware of the FXS port.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You wouldn't have to make the whole gateway into MGCP, and you could use SCCP as well. Just have the analog port register with CM, and then you can handle the hunting however you like. The rest of the SIP gateway would be blissfully unaware of the FXS port.

Right. Of course.

I couldn't see the forest for the trees there for a bit.

Thanks Elliot.