Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Accounting : FTP issue

bbogdane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue with gateway accountin sending the CDRs to an FTP server.

The process workd correctly for a given time and afterwards it simply stops and starts saving the CDRs locally on flash. There are no issues with connectivity to the FTP server.

The router is a :

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(20)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-20.T3.bin"

The relevant configuration is :

gw-accounting file

primary ftp xx.xx.xx.xx/CDR username xxx password xxx

secondary ftp xx.xx.xx.xx/CDR username xxx password xxx

acct-template callhistory-detail

maximum buffer-size  15

maximum retry-count 3

maximum fileclose-timer 300

maximum cdrflush-timer 245

I have added the same ftp as a secondary as a last resort measure hoping that it will fail over to that instead of locally.

flushing the file and resetting works for half a day / one day before it reverts back to flash.

a debug shows that there are no issues flushing the data to the FTP:

Sep 27 10:27:51.923: file_acct_write_local: file accounting buffer overflow,dumping to file

Sep 27 10:27:51.923: voice_file_acct_initiate_dump_to_file: ctx_id=, url=ftp://xxx:xxx@xx.xx.xx.xx/CDRxxx@xx.xx.xx.xx/CDR

Sep 27 10:27:51.923: voice_file_acct_lock, file_acct=4676D158,ctx_id=, refcnt=2

Sep 27 10:27:51.923: create_file_acct_buffer: buffer of 45k created from chunk 0x465E4108

Sep 27 10:27:51.927: file_acct_write_local: message (len=12) written to file_acct:

15348 bytes left

Sep 27 10:27:51.927: handle_file_acct_dump_request

Sep 27 10:27:51.927: handle_file_acct_dump_request: pick up dump request (ctx_id=)

Sep 27 10:27:54.472: handle_file_acct_dump_request :to_write is 3110

Sep 27 10:27:54.780: : File accounting,write successful to file

Sep 27 10:27:54.780: handle_file_acct_dump_request :to_write is 12

Sep 27 10:27:54.780: : File accounting,write successful to file

From time to time I get the following warnings :

WARNING: gw-accounting fact not enabled. return

By reading other related posts I understand that there was a bug in a previous IOS version where gw-accounting via FTP simply did not work. In my case though I should not be impacted and the features works (from time to time).

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Regards,

Barbara Bogdanescu

2 Replies 2

jking2685
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Barbara,

During the development of our call logging / call accounting software we did experience the same problem and like you were not affected by the IOS version. I had to manually restart the processing following this guide:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cdr/developer/guide/cdrcsv.html#wp1062193

In the end we opted for Radius accounting as this provides all the CDR fields where Syslog and FTP do not. See documentation http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cdr/developer/guide/cdrover.html

Note you will need your own Radius or Syslog server to collect the information.

Hope this helps.

For further information on our products, see our Cisco microsite http://www.tri-line.com/cisco

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you find the answer to this issue ? I am about to implement this (CDR to FTP) but haven't used it long enough yet to know if I will hit the same problem. However I have been playing with the EEM script that someone wrote to automatically copy CDR files from flash to the FTP server (perhaps because of this issue ?).

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM;jsessionid=00E52D5CCAC05BC6F8B1962C7DBF42DD.SJ4A?page=eem&fn=script&scriptId=2827

What this does not do is reset the CDR output directly back to the FTP server but at least it copies the ones that are saved to flash. You can set the option to delete the files from flash once uploaded, therefore it should continue running without user intervention, hopefully.

Phil