cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Recording - CUBE Config

Ess Emque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, sorry for all the below questions, I'm just confused by the options and scenarios here. I have been asked internally that we can change from Phone recording to Gateway recording. At the minute, everything is using Phone Preferred.

We have confirmed that the CUBE is running the required IOS and that our recording system supports gateway recording, but I'm having trouble finding exactly the configuration that I need to implement on the CUBE.

I have been looking at this document - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-ntwk-based.html#GUID-50BAD7FF-91BC-46C8-BA81-6B53C585E20E. It seems that I need to make a media profile on the CUBE, but then on the dial-peer config, is this a new dial-peer, or the dial-peer to CUCM? If this is a new dial-peer pointing to the recorder, what should the destination pattern for this be?

Then there is a config without a Media Profile Recorder and I'm not really sure what the difference is.

Also, if I set everything to gateway preferred, does this mean all audio will fork to the gateway, even with internal calls? Some documentation seems to suggest this, but I have also found others that say it will not use the gateway if it's not in the call flow.

Thanks so much

Ess

2 Replies 2

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12410836/cube-based-recording-audio-only-forking-audiovideo-call

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems that I need to make a media profile on the CUBE, but then on the dial-peer config, is this a new dial-peer, or the dial-peer to CUCM? If this is a new dial-peer pointing to the recorder, what should the destination pattern for this be?

You create a new dial-peer pointing to the recording server, the media class (and optionally media profile) that point at the new dial-peer tag, and then apply the media class or media profile to the existing CUCM dial-peer. You also need the XMF provider piece configured.

Very recently, CUBE has added support for SIPREC which has some advantages if your recording server supports it. This is worth checking out since without it the metadata provided by the gateway is limited and/or Cisco-proprietary.

Then there is a config without a Media Profile Recorder and I'm not really sure what the difference is.

I haven't figured this out either. I'd suggest the KISS approach and only add the config you need for it to work.

if I set everything to gateway preferred, does this mean all audio will fork to the gateway, even with internal calls? 

No. CUCM will fallback to Phone preferred if the gateway is not involved in the call (e.g. internal calls).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: