Helpful
Replies

generate xml file in cucm 12.5

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I upgraded cucm from 12 to 12.5 to earn this feature :

● Supports admin to centrally manage Jabber configuration through CUCM administration interface.
  Enables admin to create multiple Jabber configuration templates based on deployment need, for install per site, per user group.
  Eliminates need for configuration file upload, tftp service reset and XML file editing

Can anybody help me which tab I wil go to generate jabber xml from cucm administration as I can't find how to do this and there is no guide released at this moment

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried the built-in help?

From what I know, the parameters are exactly the same you had when you manually configured the file (and you keep using the Jabber parameter reference guide), and if it's as it was shown to us, it's just drop-downs you need t choose from, and then set the value.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

For making this new feature such a big deal, Cisco's documentation of how to do it is exceedingly bad!

The only direct reference I can find is in the New and Changed Information for CUCM 12.5:

Jabber Configuration File Management

User Interface Updates

To support this feature, the UC Service Settings (use the User Management > User Settings > UC Service) window has been updated to include the following new service:

• Jabber Client Configuration (jabber-config.xml)

Using the new service, you can create multiple Jabber Client Configuration templates as per your deployment needs. Each template allows you to configure single, multi-part, and custom parameters. Once the templates are created, navigate to User Settings > Service Profiles to associate them to Common, Desktop, and Mobile Jabber client types.

For more information about the different parameters, see the Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber.

I hope that's enough to get you started. And I hope there is a friendly Cisco employee monitoring this thread that can help with additional documentation!

Maren

Thanks u very much but I can't understand the parameters @Maren Mahoney

Have you tried the built-in help?

From what I know, the parameters are exactly the same you had when you manually configured the file (and you keep using the Jabber parameter reference guide), and if it's as it was shown to us, it's just drop-downs you need t choose from, and then set the value.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I got it, Thanks very much jaime