cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generic PIN for VoiP Phones

ctalavat
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that needs to change her voicemail.  Unfortunately, I don't the knowledge to do that nor the PIN to change it on the actual phone. When I took over the Cisco phones, I wasn't given any information, is there a generic PIN I can use so I don't have to reset your account?  Thank you. 

3 Replies 3

No there is no generic pin. You’d need to login with admin rights to CUC to change the pin for the user account.

Response Signature

CUCM and CUC are two different systems. PINs assigned and/or changed on one do not affect the other, unless you have PIN Synchronization enabled. So, to reset a PIN for voicemail you would need to do that via the CUC admin page. Or, on the phone, change it after authenticating with a good PIN.

No, there is no default or generic PIN for either system.

Maren

As others mentioned there is no generic PIN,User can change the PIN  from voice mail menu using the phone. From voice mail menu go to setup option by pressing 4 then go the preferences by pressing  3 and  press 1 to change the PIN.

If user doesn't want to change the pin using menu, there is another option you can enable it as admin which i don't feel as a good way. By enabling "Set for Self-enrollment at Next Sign-In" user will be forced to do self enrollment where you have option to change the PIN along with other settings.

NithinEluvathingal_1-1684810798842.png

The above two are changing PIN by user.

If user doesn't remember the PIN and if she  want to reset, as an admin you can do that  by going to Unity user page an select change password option.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1684810627011.png

If Pin SYNC has been enabled between CUCM and CUC admin can change the PIN  from CUCM  end user page or user can change the PIN from selfcare portal.

Response Signature