Views
Helpful
Replies

Global voice translation profiles

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In CVOICE Foundation Learning Guide by Kevin Wallace, page 443, table 5-5 talks about the order of operation of voice translation profiles, both for inbound and outbound directions.

It is mentioned that voice translation profiles applied globally are processed before those which are applied at the dial peer level. I already know how to configure global voice translation profile for inbound voip call legs (with voip-incoming translation-profile ...). My question is what is the command to configure outbound global voice translation profile?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think he is talking about num-exp command which is applied globally and applied very first for digit manipulation.

Suresh

Suresh, I'm talking about voice translation profiles and not num exp. Please take a look at the file I attached.

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure what do you mean by global translation profile, could you please clarify this. As per the book, we can create a translation profile and apply on the following:

Voice translation profile can be attached to these:

• VoIP dial peers

• Voice ports

• Any inbound VoIP call

• A specific range of source IP addresses in VoIP calls

• A trunk group

• A T1/E1 controller that is used for Nonfacility Associated Signaling (NFAS) trunks

• Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST)

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: