cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Globally enable the “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control"

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

We have a large mixture of Wireless headsets with our 7965s (SCCP 9.2) and CallManager 8.5.

I want to use Bulk Edit to globally enable the “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control”.   Is it safe to do this? Or should I only do it on headsets that support this feature? The global default out of box is disabled.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jason,

You will only be able to do this on devices that support it.

When you go to BAT and query for devices you will only need to query for device types that have common device specific configuration options, otherwise they will not be exposed for EDIT, so you may have to do this for device type at a time, i.e. 7945, 7965, etc

Chris

This exactly led me here. I was doing too large of a search and it was omitting the option to edit that feature. Once I narrowed it down the the model (ex. 7962 or 7821) the feature appeared and I was able to bulk edit all the phones using the query function.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not aware of any drawback to enabling it.. it certainly doesn't appear to cause any sort of issue or have any features that might obviously conflict with another.

I've enabled it for some CCX groups, but not all those users choose to use the headsets they're issued... and I've not been asked to turn it off ever.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: