Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Listen Function not available in BAT

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everybody,

yesterday I found the rigth function for my problem. I want to set the "Group Listen" checkbox on every 7911 Phone in my cluster. Unfortunately in BAT there is no such checkbox available! I dont want set 250 phones manually! And I cant delete them ans reinstall, because they are in work. So somebody knows how to do that? Is there a column in database I can change? I see, that the column DefaultDTMFCapability in table dbo.Device changed, if I set the checkbox or not. But I mean that's not the right column.

We use CUCM 4.2(3)sr2 and BAT 5.2(3).

Regards

Sven

4 Replies 4

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I am not able to answer you. I have a CM version 4.2(3)sr2 which has BAT version 5.2(3a).

This doesn't have the Group Listen.

And when I patched to 4.2(3)sr3, with BAT version 5.2(3c). There are more fields, but still not Group Listen.

:|

Eugene

these are the only things you can change thru BAT when updating:

Field Descriptions for Updating Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat_phon.html#wp1256074

Field Descriptions for Updating Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat_phon.html#wp1190120

Please be aware that direct changes into the DB will not be supported by TAC

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I always read the documents and check other BAT-Releases. Nothing there is a "group Listen". The first "group Listen" I found in BAT at CUCM 6.1! But I can't tell the customer to upgrade the system, only to enable "Group Listen" at 250 phones. So somebody knows, if there's a way to change something in database? Which table and column? I can test this before at a virtual machine, so I think thats a way I can take.

Hi,

I am in the same situation. But I think I have a solution, If we migrate from SCCP to SIP if you enable Group Listen in the SIP phone template, the phones will enable the function.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: