cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Pickup Issue - 6.1

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 phones, A and B, that are a part of the same Pickup group. Both phones' CSS contain the partition of the Group Pickup number. When I call Phone A and attempt to do a group Pickup on Phone B, I get a temp fail and hear a busy signal. I am not sure what I ma doing wrong on this???

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Do you both phones registered to the same server or on different servers?

I recommend you to upload a CCM detailed trace while reproducing the problem to check what is the problem.

I think I found the issue...In 4.1, you didn't need to enter the GP pickup number, apparently in 6.1 you have to.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Nice work my friend! Have a look at this good thread, there are some nice details on the various Pickup options in CCM 6.x;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc1606f

Take care,

Rob

Hi,

Are you aware that a "group pickup" softkey intercept a call in another pickup group allowed on the pickup group configuration ? In this cas you have to dial the group DN to know which group you want to intercept.

The "pickup" softkey intercepts a call within the pickup group you belong to. So you do not need to dial the group DN.

I had a "temp fail" error in a case of a pickup group not reachable by the phone (DN in partition). So I think that your issue is that no other pickup group is allowed in your pickup group or there is no call to intercept in another group allowed, or something like that...

hope this help.

Just to back up the post by Nicolas, in the pick up group configuration dont enter a partition as if you do it wont work.

Also, if you have phones within the same pick up group then you just need to press the softkey "pickup" and not "group pickup" to answer the call. You are then either presented with that call or the call rings at your phone depending whether you have auto pickup enabled or not.

Hi,

It seems i was wrong.

the temp fail message is when the pickup is tried on a hunt call ringing on a phone in a pickup group you belong to.

On a direct call on the same phone, you can pick the call.

to enable pickup on a hunt pilot a avoid this issue, please refer to this topic : http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd498de

If someone can confirm this time I'm right ... :)

PS@Paul : I don't understand why a partition on a Pickip DN is a problem ... I've configured it many times without any issue. Can you explain ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: