cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group VM

zach.koncir
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create a group mailbox for confirmation calls. Basically, I want people to be able to call in to leave a message confirming their appointment at our office. There is no need for a hunt group or blast group, as no phones need to ring. I just want to have an option on the IVR that goes straight to a group mailbox. Is this possible?

I was able to create a group mailbox and give it an extension number, but when I try to login to the mailbox to set it up, CUE tells me it doesn't even exist.

I have been working on this for 3 hours and had no luck at all.

Hardware platform is UC520

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

If you're using Unity you can create a System Distribution List and assign members (users) to receive the voice messages.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Zach,

Did you follow this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/sbcs/uc500/gui/user/guide/UC500_office_admin.pdf

Yosh, he specified the platform he has. Problem with DL here would be that the same message is simply sent to multiple mailboxes which under this example would not be workable for the users.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I see what you mean now. Thanks for the knowledge.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: