cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 Gateway Call Block issue

Rajnath Singh
Level 1
Level 1

I need to add 4 more numbers in Call Blocking config. I have a voice translation-rule where already 15 numbers have been configured for "Call Reject".... The problem is I cannot add any more numbers here for Call Reject since apparently only 15 rules can be put in one rule. I tried adding another translation-rule and then put the 4 numbers there..... then applied them to the translation-profile where the old trnaslation-rule was assigned...but noticed that its not working because of the rule  "A Voice Translation Profile allows you to indicate one Voice Translation Rule for called party, one Voice Translation Rule for calling party and one Voice Translation Rule for redirect number". What do I do here ? Create one more trnaslation profile for Call Block and then put the new rule there?

15 Replies 15

Hello.

If numbers are in range use block instead of single numbers.

Regards,

Jawwad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear Jawwad,

These numbers are not in range at all. They are a few pesky PSTN callers / marketers whom the site wants to block. Hence no option but to implement individual block...

For incoming numbers I won't do the hassle of creating rules to block them. This is a service you can get from your provider. Usually you send a "black list" to the telephony provider of that site, they will then block all callers on that list.
Make sure they will block them for calling you, not you calling them.

Jawwad,

You can add another translation rule like this :-

Rule 1 == 666

Rule 2 == 667

!

voice translation-rule 666

rule 1 reject /^8450304436/

!so on to rule 15

rule 15 reject /^8450123456/

!

!

voice translation-rule 667

rule 1 reject /^8459876543/

!so on to rule 15

rule 15 reject /^845023456789/

!

!

voice translation-profile BLOCK-THESE

translate calling 666

translate calling 667

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description *** FOR INCOMING DIAL PEER MATCHING ***

call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK-THESE

call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

incoming called-number .

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/1:15

!

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

I am not sure it work. I tried 2 translation rules and appending them to the same translation profile....think the effort was not successful...not sure if I have missed any step though.....

You can use voice source groups. I don't have handy doc with me now. But you may search for it in Cisco docs. I remeber that it can be used for IP based as well as DNIS but didnt try ANI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What CUCM version are you running. If you version 8.X then you can use the hot line feature which is much more scalable...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No we are running CUCM 7x...hence hot line not an option here..thanks... can't we block more than 15 calls in the Gateway?

You can block more than fifteen calls but you cant create more that 15 translation rules. If you order your translation rules correctly you hsould be able to block multiple calls on one xlation rule as Alex suggested.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi,

Will the method of creating 2 translation rules suggested by acampbell work?

Regards,

Rajnath...

Post the config you tried and didnt work. Post the dial-peer you also applied it to

Hi All,

Sorry my solution DOES NOT WORK  -5 for ME

You can only apply ONE rule in each direction under the profile.

SORRY SORRY SORRY

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Haha Alex, be very very careful!!, Be warned!

True, I didnt see this..

voice translation-profile BLOCK-THESE

translate calling 666

translate calling 667 ( i thought this was called)

!

I'm not sure about that one but I think you can give it a try.

Use a Translation Patterns on CUCM  to match and block unwanted callers.

Regards,

Stefan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: