cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h.323 gateway interaction with CallManager

hepark
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have a kind of disconnect problem, but i think the issue resides on CM.

here's my setup:

AnalogPhone - PBX - Gateway(FXO) - CM - IPPhone

instead of using mgcp, i've chosen h.323 gw for my installation.

the problem is when i establish a call from pbx to an ip phone, and then I disconnect the analog phone before the ip phone could pick up, the ip phone keeps ringing indefinitely. in other situation, when ip phone hangs up instead, the disconnection works fine, even if the analog phone hangs up first.

could anybody help me with this?

tks in advance

8 Replies 8

i've already checked these links, my problem is different. i mean, the only situation the disconnect does not work is when i call to an ip phone, but in case when i attach a remote gw to extend the call to another pbx system, it all works fine, in the same simulation, which is: the originator hangs up the call before the 2nd party could pick up.

maybe i'd need to activate traces on CM but it can't seem to collect the interesting logs.

any other ideas?

tks

how does GW interconnect with pbx?

hi, alessandro

the pbx supplies a normal telephone port to the fxo port of the gw, loop start signaling.

when i make a call into voip system, i dial the phone number to which the fxo port is connected, then i listen to a secondary dial tone, after which i dial the ip phone dn, registered to cm. it rings while i listen to ringback tone. quite normal, until i decide to hang up before the ip phone picks up, and it continues to ring, i guess more than 2 minutes.

any guess or ideas are welcome

tks

I suggest to visit this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

If you want to attach the configuration related to the voice port i could have a look!

i've already done this, and also tried several commands, tried cas-custom matching, etc, without success.

but it does not seem to be a fxo disconnection problem itself purely, it has to do with something in call leg creation... sth like missing one last call leg, when i simulate this situation hairpinning the call (in order to observe debug voip ccapi inout in the same router): when ip phone picks up, the 4th call-id in the router is observed. on the other hand, if it doesn't, the 4th call-id is not created, as if the session requires the remote device (=ip phone) to pick the call in order to create the last call-id.

would my interpretation be correct?

I have a similar problem on a fxo port connected to pstn and i tried almost everything without success but i still believe it's a fxo disconnect problem!

If phone rings a thing the 4th call leg is termineted!

if you have a srst configuration running try to force a phone(with an access list applied on the swithc port where the phone is plugged)

to register with GW and place a call!

this can help in understanding the problem!

Actually it seems a case of supervisory disconnect to me. Does the PBX sends a tone to a called extension, when the caller goes on-hook ?

If it does, check the tone to be compatible with the cptone for your country, or customize your own. A list of country tones can be found at:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm