Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 as CUBE and SIP Gateway

I have a H.323 gateway. I want to know if I can configure this existing h.323 gateway as a Cube to transport SIP.

If so do I need to bind a seperate interface to SIP and H.323 or the same interface can be used for both

Can the Gateway be registered as h.323 to CCM1 and Can I have a SIP trunk between the same Gateway to CCM2?

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

Hi,

"I have a H.323 gateway. I want to know if I can configure this existing h.323 gateway as a Cube to transport SIP".

A CUBE gateway by definition is a voice gateway that connects ip-2-ip calls and plus some extra fancy features. The gateway can support both h.323 and sip at the same time.

"If so do I need to bind a separate interface to SIP and H.323 or the same interface can be used for both"

This is tricky question, the answer is I don't know but why limit yourself when you can bind them into different loopback interfaces.

"Can the Gateway be registered as h.323 to CCM1 and Can I have a SIP trunk between the same Gateway to CCM2?"

Absolutely.

+5 to Zakeria for great response, addition to point 2, there is nothing wrong with binding both protocols to the same interface as each uses different port.

Hello, regarding the same context, I have a implementation need to connect a SIP proxy to an H323 distribueted Gatekeeper network passing throught the local GK.

I need to know how can i enable the SIP service on this local GK voice Gateway?

How can i translate the SIP calls comming from SIP server to H323 Network via this Gatekeeper and vis versa? so need to provide a full reachebility with the hole SIP and H323 VoIP network.

I use the Cisco Voice router 2851 with IP voice IOS.

Thanks for help.

For H323 to SIP inter networking, you will need to configure the below. This enables CUBE functionality and enables IPtoIP calling, you will also need CUBE licenses for that.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/h323-to-sip.html#task_1381808

Configuring H323-to-SIP Interworking

SUMMARY STEPS

1.    enable

2.    configure terminal

3.    voice service voip

4.    allow-connections h323 to sip

5.    allow-connections sip to h323

6.    end

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

How can' i check if the SIP prefix are correctly routed to H323 GK Zones in one side?

What the relation will be setup into the gateway to handle the SIP calls from one dialpeer voip to the H323 network?

Thanks for sharing

Hi,

You need to have CUBE to bridge SIP and H323. The CUBE will have SIP dialpeers to connect to your SIP proxy and H323 dialpeers to connect to your gatekeeper.

The recommended design to have CUBE and GK on separate devices. You need to get GK license for  GK (unless already there) and CUBE license.

Hi Mohamed

my topology is :

<SIP phone>---<SIPproxy>--sip---<cisco voice gw (cube)--2801>---h323<GK>.---<DGK>---<Many GKs>---H323 network

what be need to configure in voice gateway cube and gk to handel the call flow in both side.

thanks.

Have you configured GKs before? CUBE - GK connections aren't simple especially you are running multiple GKs and then directory GK.

I can give you headlines but to go in details I need much more info than what you provided?

You need to enable SIP-H323 bridging on the CUBE. Also, you need to configure RAS dialpeers pointing to GK. Finally, you need to configure the CUBE will provide tech-prefixs to register with GK.

On the GK, you need to point it to DGK again using RAS dialpeers. The zones config should be applied on the DGK to route calls based on the right combi of zones and tech prefixes.

Hi Mohamed,

I have configure on the local GW, the first interface as H323 GW to be registred to the local GK.

next i have enable voip service to allow H323 toSIP and vis versa calls. finally, i have create a dial-peer voip sip to forward prefix of sip party to the sip server.

call was elsatablished succefully after setup a classe codec unified between all parties to allow only G729 to be allowed for calls between our sip party and H323 network.

after testining many combination calls. all are sucessuful except when we make an incoming call from H323 to SIP network. 

The issue is : when sip phone receive incoming call from H323 network, we can pickup and hear two ways audio, when we forward this call to a second local sip phone, only one way hear audio (SIP Phone can hear audio but H323 not).

Is there any codec issue in this case or call routing into H323 Gateway?

H323 Gateway as binded to a physical FA interface.

regards

Hi,

This will give you a good start. Think about DGK as master GK.

https://voice411.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/gatekeepers-and-cube/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: