cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 CALL BLOCK

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I have some call block reject rules setup and working fine in my H323 gateway but I reached the limit of 15 rules in the voice translation rule that is configured.

The request to block another specific number was made so I am looking at the existing rules  to see if they can be reduced since the router will not allow more than 15 rules.

The three specific numbers below are being blocked...

I see that all three numbers have the common digits 703325.

Is there a single rule that can be created to cover the remaining four digits in each of the specific numbers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Yes,

/^703325\(....\)/ /\1/

However, if you upgrade your gateway to version 15.x you'll find that the number of rules on a translation rule has increased to 99.

HTH.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Yes,

/^703325\(....\)/ /\1/

However, if you upgrade your gateway to version 15.x you'll find that the number of rules on a translation rule has increased to 99.

HTH.

Barry Hesk

Hi Barry,

The rule you suggested will work but it will block every number that begins with 703325 right?

I am trying to find one consolidated rule that will only block the three specific numbers I listed beginning with 703325.

Thanks for the suggestion about upgrading to IOS 15.X I was not aware that the number of rules was increased to 99.

Is it correct that CISCO changed the licensing so some IOS features in 15.X are on a timed disable if not fully licensed?

It would be great to just do the upgrade to 15.X I will look into it.

Another easy option I considered is to to just update rule 1 with the newest block number request.

The current rule 1 is years old I am guessing we don't get calls from that number anymore.

Hi

Yes, correct; the rule will block all numbers starting with that number prefix - that's just the way regular expressions work. They have to match on something. If you've got nothing else in common on the numbers then a regular expression won't be able to help.

In terms of IOS 15.x you will obviously need to ensure that you are entitiled to download and install it (by having a valid maintenance contract). For newer platforms (ISR G2 etc) there is a software activation process, but this doesn't apply to older platforms. However as above, it's your responsibility to ensure you are legally entitled to download and use software.

HTH.

Barry Hesk

It looks like I could leave the second pattern I listed as a specific "rule X reject /7033251830/"

Then for the first and third patterns I could use "rule X /^70332595[28][56]/" which would be more specific but it will still block 4 numbers instead of 2 numbers.

This would reduce my rules down to 14 so I could add the new block request.

For now I just decided to overwrite rule 1 with the new block request and assume that the old rule 1 number has given up calling us.

Also I just realized that I don't think its possible to do  a translation like your original example  /^703325\(....\)/ /\1/ along with the voice translation rule reject command?

The command format is "rule X reject /XXXXXXXXXX/"

There is not an actual translation being performed so nothing else is specified after the reject string.

We have a CISCO contract and I have rights to download the newer IOS I just thought that it would generate some additional licensing expenses due to changes in the 15.X version.

So I just want to make sure what's what in that regard and then get the OK to upgrade.

Barry,

Your suggestion to upgrade the IOS is the right way to get this done.

Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: