Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 gateway has delayed audio

Greg Dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue.  We have a 2911 that has a PRI in it, that is an H323 gateway for our CCM 10.X system.  This has worked fine for the few months I've been here, but earlier this week we started getting a "delay" on inbound calls.  As in, the call rings in, the user picks up the phone, and the call is not "connected" for  2 or 3 seconds.  There's been no networking changes that I'm aware of to cause this, and my gut says it's a signaling issue between the gateway and CUCM but I don't know how to begin troubleshooting it.  I did find some references to the command "voice rtp send-recv" but adding that has no effect.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Kindly share configuration file.

Try making test call and share debug file

1.debug cch323 rtp

2.debug voip ccapi inout

3.debug isdn q931

4.debug cch323 h225

5.debug cch323 h245

Share file.

Before just enabling Enable Inbound FastStart in H323 gateway

Seems typical slow start behaviour. Enable fast start checkbox on CUCM gateway configuration.

You need to have MTP configured to outbound fast start.

Greg Dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the pointers everyone.  I set those and it didn't have an impact.  However I noticed I was getting extremely high ping times from the subscriber (like 260+ ms) so I restarted that server, thinking that maybe some process was going haywire.  That actually fixed the issue, so I'm calling it done :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: