Replies

h323 Gateway PRI with Analog Overflow

djstrobel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

CUCM 8.5.1

2921 ISR

I have a location with an h323 gateway connected to a fractional PRI and two FXO ports. This is a new install and I have the PRI working fine, however I'm not sure how to configure the analog overflow. From what I understand if the PRI is down all of the DIDs and main numbers will ring to the two analog lines. I also need to have outbound dialing overflow to the FXO ports.

Anyone ever do something similar?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not configure anything for inboud, that is controlled by telco, DIDs will not overflow to POTS lines, they can only forward them to the POTS line numbers in which case you will need to desigante who the call goes to, this would be done via plar configuration on the pots voice port.

For outbound overflow the configuration depends on what protocol you are using to control the GW, if H323/SIP then simply build redundant dial peers with preference setting, if MGCP add these ports to the Route Group.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: