Helpful
Replies

H323 to H323 CUBE no audio

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have some problem with my H323 to H323 cube connection,

IP Phone A ----- CM 1 - H323 --------- firewall NAT -------- H323 CM 2 ------- IP Phone B

both of IP Phone A and B can call (ringing) each other but no audio.

when i pressed ? button on my ip phone, Rcvr Packets = 0

what should i check first?

Thanks,

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to check that you have H245 negotiation between your CUCM and the CUBE gateways. For audio to work, both CUCM needs to know where to send audio and this is done during H245 negotiation..

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

Will be the place to start..

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aonkanlawon,

Thanks for reply, how can i check H245 negotiation between CUCM and CUBE? i just only follow cisco documentation guide H323 to H323 CUBE

would you like help me to read the debug files?

Kindly Regards

I have looked at the traces and here is how the media negotiation was done..

10.31.38.49----G711ulaw----CUBE(10.3.4.164)-----G711ulaw-----172.16.106.5

Can you confirm what the ip address are..Are these the IP phones?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aonkanlawon,

Thanks for reply

10.31.38.49 is IP Phone A

10.3.4.164 is CUBE A

172.16.106.5 is CUBE B

Thanks,

Ok..

Two things you need to confirm

1. Is there IP connectivity between Phone A subnet and CUBE A subnet?

2. You will need to do another test and send the same debugs for CUBE B..We need to know where CUBE sends its media stream to

Hi Aonkanlawon,

Sorry for late reply.

1. Yes, there is IP connectivity between Phone A and Cube A subnet. i have checked it.

2. I have gathered log from debug h225 asn 1 and debug h245 asn 1 on CUBE B. could you help me to read and check it ( as attached ) ?

Kindly Regards,

Helmi,

Here is the complete flow...

10.31.38.49 (IP Phone A)---RTP---10.3.4.164 (CUBE A)----RTP----172.16.106.5 (CUBE B)---------->>RTP--10.252.35.27 (phone B)

You need to check the ff:

1. Your firewall is not blocking RTP traffic between the CUBES

2. Your CUBE B has reachability to the subnet of Phone B

3. Check firewall again...I am sure the issue is between firewall and ip connectivity

Hi Aokanlawon,

1. OK i will check the RTP traffic on firewall.

2. Aokanlawon, let me explain detail about CUBE B.

CUBE has 2 two interfaces  and  2 IP Addresses. IP address internal and IP address external.

IP address 172.16.106.5 is external IP address, so it coudln't be reached by phone B. but Phone B could reach CUBE B internal IP address (10.252.12.20). also internal IP address is the address that registered as H.323 gateway in Call Manager side B.

so the RTP flow on CUBE B is : CUBE A NAT ip address (172.16.100.29) --- external ip address of CUBE B (172.16.106.5) --- internal ip address (10.252.12.20) --- IP Phone (10.252.35.27)

is it ok?

Many Thanks for your help Aon,

No, this will not work and thats why you are not getting audio. The signalling and media for H225 and H245 traffic ideally shoud be sent to the internal interface on CUBE B. Can you send a sh run of your CUBE B..

Hi Aokanlawon,

Thanks for reply,

Please find the show run file attached.

Cheers,

Please try this..

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.252.12.20

Test again and let me know the result..If it doesnt work please send the debugs from CUBE B again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: