Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Trunk Between CUCM and CME

ryan_bell
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm having some issues setting up an H323 trunk between Call Manager 5.1 and CME 7.1. The CME router is connected back via a VPN tunnel within the router back to the ASA at HQ. So far I have setup the h323 gateway on the CCM using the IP of the CME router with a Route Pattern using that Gateway. On the CME side I setup the dial-peer and voice service voip as follows:

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

destination-pattern [5678]...

session target ipv4:192.168.11.21

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

!

!

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

!

When I call from CCM to CME, the calls go through fine, though from CME to CCM, I get a busy after about 10 seconds. When I do a debug voip ccapi inout, it shows that the call goes through the correct dial-peer, though I get an error cc_api_call_disconnected: Cause Value=38.

I've been racking my head trying to figure this one out without any success, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

6 Replies 6

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure you have the following statement on the FastEthernet interface of the CME:

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.10.x.x

MK

Your awesome, that did the trick. One other question relating to this. How would I go about having the display name of the CCM user's phone display on the CME phone? Currently the CME phone's name appears on the CCM phone, but not the other way around.

Again thank you much for the above command.

Check the IE option in the H.323 gateway configured in the CCM. Also in the CME verify the following:

At the voice service level:

voice service voip

h323

h225 timeout ntf <50-5000>

h225 display-ie ccm-compatible

At the voice class level:

voice class h323 1

h225 display-ie ccm-compatible [system]

h225 timeout ntf <50-5000>

interface Serial0/3/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address *. plan isdn type unknown

isdn supp-service name calling

no cdp enable

You may need to upgarde the IOS in order to get access to those commands.

MK

Hello,
I have the similar problem with ryan_bell, and

I configured H.323 Gateway between CME 10.5 and CUCM 12, unfortunately I have the following challenges with calls:

CUCM to CUCM = Successful

CME to CME = Successful

CUCM to CME = Successful

But

CME to CUCM = Unsuccessful. for this, If I call from CME to CUCM, the phone registered under CUCM rings and when I answer the call, the voice is not passing through (If I answer call from CME to CUCM, there is no voice and calling phone i.e. phone from CME gives a busy tone after some 10 seconds. Note that If I answer call from CME to CUCM, the phone from CME still giving a tone that indicates the outgoing call then after 10 seconds it gives a busy tone).

Any documentation regarding this will highly be appreciated.

Your Kind support will highly appreciated

Hi mightyking,
I have the similar problem with ryan_bell.

I configured H.323 Gateway between CME 10.5 and CUCM 12, unfortunately I have the following challenges with calls:

CUCM to CUCM = Successful

CME to CME = Successful

CUCM to CME = Successful

But

CME to CUCM = Unsuccessful. for this, If I call from CME to CUCM, the phone registered under CUCM rings and when I answer the call, the voice is not passing through (If I answer call from CME to CUCM, there is no voice and calling phone i.e. phone from CME gives a busy tone after some 10 seconds. Note that If I answer call from CME to CUCM, the phone from CME still giving a tone that indicates the outgoing call then after 10 seconds it gives a busy tone).

Any documentation regarding this will highly be appreciated.

Your Kind support will highly appreciated

Better to create a new thread than using a 10 year old thread.

And please upload related h323 logs to the thread

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: